Google chrome interrupts audio...
Feb 1, 2014 at 1:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

Bytor123

500+ Head-Fier
Hello.
I'm having a problem with Google chrome; If I'm listening to audio from iTunes (via Bluetooth headphones, or wired headphones to FiiO E09/E07 combo) the playback stutters if I do anything in Google chrome (e.g. open a new tab, or click on a link within the page displayed). 
Any ideas?
Thank you.

Feb 21, 2014 at 12:58 PM Post #4 of 19
Has anyone got any ideas about this - it's driving me mad. I listen to iTunes via Bluetooth or amp/dac and cabled headphones, and any internet browsing interrupts the audio...help?

Feb 21, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #6 of 19
Thank you. Just trying this - but I don't really understand what I have to do - it suggests 'disable CPU throttling settings' in control panel...I've looked but...? Once again, thank you for your help.

Feb 21, 2014 at 4:09 PM Post #7 of 19
Could you attach a screenshot after you click the green play icon (main screen). Also take a screenshot of LatencyMon when you are browsing with chrome.

I might be a NIC or WLAN driver thats causing the problem.

Feb 21, 2014 at 4:30 PM Post #8 of 19
I'm sorry, i can't get a screenshot, I have tried...Latency Mon says - 'Your system seem to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience under runs experienced as dropouts, clicks or pops. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in control panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates'. Thank you for your time!

Feb 21, 2014 at 4:52 PM Post #9 of 19
click the green arrow, browse in chrome for 10 seconds, then click the red stop button. click stats and then copy and paste the same 2 sections like below.

Code:
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 REPORTED ISRs
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.

Highest ISR routine execution time (µs): 13.149412
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time: storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total ISR routine time (%): 0.009325
Driver with highest ISR total time: storport.sys - Microsoft Storage Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in ISRs (%) 0.009872

ISR count (execution time <250 µs): 452
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

REPORTED DPCs
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.

Highest DPC routine execution time (µs): 103.853235
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time: ndis.sys - Network Driver Interface Specification (NDIS), Microsoft Corporation

Highest reported total DPC routine time (%): 0.008772
Driver with highest DPC total execution time: dxgkrnl.sys - DirectX Graphics Kernel, Microsoft Corporation

Total time spent in DPCs (%) 0.031399

DPC count (execution time <250 µs): 1426
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs): 0
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs): 0

Feb 21, 2014 at 4:53 PM Post #10 of 19
Did you disable the CPU throttling as suggested by LM software? Any impact?

Probably it's GUI handling for Chrome that's making issues. Is the GPU sharing IRQ/resources with audio/BT devices (you can check this through device manager)? Is there a setting for graphics hardware acceleration you could change (turn off)?

Feb 21, 2014 at 5:06 PM Post #12 of 19
CONCLUSION
Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. At least one detected problem appears to be network related. In case you are using a WLAN adapter, try disabling it to get better results. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates. 
LatencyMon has been analyzing your system for  0:01:05  (h:mm:ss) on all processors.

SYSTEM INFORMATION
Computer name:                                        ANDREW-HP
OS version:                                           Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601 (x64)
Hardware:                                             100-5130uk, Hewlett-Packard, PEGATRON CORPORATION, 2AAE
CPU:                                                  AuthenticAMD AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 260u Processor
Logical processors:                                   2
Processor groups:                                     1
RAM:                                                  3839 MB total

CPU SPEED
Reported CPU speed:                                   1800.0 MHz
Measured CPU speed:                                   2772.0 MHz (approx.)
Note: reported execution times may be calculated based on a fixed reported CPU speed. Disable variable speed settings like Intel Speed Step and AMD Cool N Quiet in the BIOS setup for more accurate results.

MEASURED INTERRUPT TO USER PROCESS LATENCIES
The interrupt to process latency reflects the measured interval that a usermode process needed to respond to a hardware request from the moment the interrupt service routine started execution. This includes the scheduling and execution of a DPC routine, the signaling of an event and the waking up of a usermode thread from an idle wait state in response to that event.
Highest measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   16020.890923
Average measured interrupt to process latency (µs):   8.064899
REPORTED ISRs
Interrupt service routines are routines installed by the OS and device drivers that execute in response to a hardware interrupt signal.
Highest ISR routine execution time (µs):              48.601111
Driver with highest ISR routine execution time:       USBPORT.SYS - USB 1.1 & 2.0 Port Driver, Microsoft Corporation
Highest reported total ISR routine time (%):          0.154751
Driver with highest ISR total time:                   hal.dll - Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL, Microsoft Corporation
Total time spent in ISRs (%)                          0.302245
ISR count (execution time <250 µs):                   94669
ISR count (execution time 250-500 µs):                0
ISR count (execution time 500-999 µs):                0
ISR count (execution time 1000-1999 µs):              0
ISR count (execution time 2000-3999 µs):              0
ISR count (execution time >=4000 µs):                 0

REPORTED DPCs
DPC routines are part of the interrupt servicing dispatch mechanism and disable the possibility for a process to utilize the CPU while it is interrupted until the DPC has finished execution.
Highest DPC routine execution time (µs):              5755.714444
Driver with highest DPC routine execution time:       ndis.sys - NDIS 6.20 driver, Microsoft Corporation
Highest reported total DPC routine time (%):          1.128174
Driver with highest DPC total execution time:         ndis.sys - NDIS 6.20 driver, Microsoft Corporation
Total time spent in DPCs (%)                          2.993757
DPC count (execution time <250 µs):                   502236
DPC count (execution time 250-500 µs):                0
DPC count (execution time 500-999 µs):                334
DPC count (execution time 1000-1999 µs):              4
DPC count (execution time 2000-3999 µs):              2
DPC count (execution time >=4000 µs):                 0

REPORTED HARD PAGEFAULTS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back