Google Chrome 10
Mar 12, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #16 of 35
Lol... I use the canary build of Chrome, which gets updated like every couple days, and I'm on version 12.0.700.0... The only downside is that there are some very occasional bugs,but it works like a charm...
I consistently have 50+ tabs, sometimes 100+, and it runs fine. However, I find the "session buddy" extension to be a very nice way to keep track of/save all my tabs, you might want to try it

Mar 12, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #17 of 35
Somehow I still don't trust Google in any way. This means that I won't use Chrome. I don't have anything to hide, but to me they're as bad as Facebook when it comes to privacy. I've been using Firefox for years and it's gotten a bit slow and bloated, but it's not that bad. Rarely crashes and I use lots of plugins with it like Adblock Plus.

I'd use Opera instead, but could not find an easy to use Adblocker for it.

I haven't used IE in years. The new version is so confusing and I can't tell where everywhere is, but that's not why I don't use it. The only thing I use it for is to print out address labels for an IE only website.

BTW I wonder if Chrome has a private browsing feature? I use Firefox without a cache and no history etc.

Mar 12, 2011 at 1:15 AM Post #18 of 35

Quote:

BTW I wonder if Chrome has a private browsing feature? 

It does.  I gave up on Firefox a few years ago.  Too many pop ups and plug in bugs.  Plus the security was off and on.  I do have Firefox installed on my latest clean install on my Thinkpad though I don't use it.  Waiting for their oft delayed final build before I consider Firefox again.  I hope Chrome doesn't get too popular so it's a smaller target for potential hackers.  IE8/9 all the way!! Go go go! 

Mar 12, 2011 at 1:30 AM Post #19 of 35
Somehow I still don't trust Google in any way. This means that I won't use Chrome. I don't have anything to hide, but to me they're as bad as Facebook when it comes to privacy. I've been using Firefox for years and it's gotten a bit slow and bloated, but it's not that bad. Rarely crashes and I use lots of plugins with it like Adblock Plus.

I'd use Opera instead, but could not find an easy to use Adblocker for it.

I haven't used IE in years. The new version is so confusing and I can't tell where everywhere is, but that's not why I don't use it. The only thing I use it for is to print out address labels for an IE only website.

BTW I wonder if Chrome has a private browsing feature? I use Firefox without a cache and no history etc.

Chrome also now has a lot of really cool extensions, including adblock. I've found that chrome tends to run a lot faster than any of my other browsers, especially when running a lot of tabs

Mar 12, 2011 at 1:33 AM Post #20 of 35

Quote:
I've found that chrome tends to run a lot faster than any of my other browsers, especially when running a lot of tabs

Yes, tons of tests done on that front.  Nobody is really close there.

Mar 12, 2011 at 5:49 AM Post #21 of 35
I recently upgraded to Win 7 and am now trying to use Chrome as my default browser. I find Chrome 10 to be indeed quite a bit snappier than Firefox 3.6.x I was using before, and even Head-Fi's quick reply input box seems to be working without too much fuss, so I'm pleased.

That said, I still prefer FF's way of managing bookmarks - specifically, I like the fact that I can add separators and details to the bookmarks. Also, multiple sign in to Google services is surprisingly a bit hit and miss for me on the latest Chrome. Multiple sign in seems to work for Gmail, but when I access Google Reader, I am only logged in to the default account and nothing else. 

Mar 12, 2011 at 6:51 AM Post #22 of 35
You can´t even post on head-fi if you use the latest internet explorer? I can´t anyway. On the other hand a lot of videos don´t show on google chrome. I was using 10 without knowing about it :p

As for keeping bookmark tab up at all times. Do you use a separate tab for that since it covers the entire screen. For you that have 50 tabs open what on earth do you need so many tabs for :)

Mar 12, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #23 of 35
Chrome working fine so far, fast as hell and better for games then the last.

I'll have to take a trip to the extension download spot to see whats cool and what's not. Just for fun.

Mar 12, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #24 of 35
You can´t even post on head-fi if you use the latest internet explorer? I can´t anyway. On the other hand a lot of videos don´t show on google chrome. I was using 10 without knowing about it :p

As for keeping bookmark tab up at all times. Do you use a separate tab for that since it covers the entire screen. For you that have 50 tabs open what on earth do you need so many tabs for :)

Really? that never happens to me...

Mar 27, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #26 of 35
Chrome thinks I am in France when I use Google search, its been like this for a few days and now wiki pages are in French too so its getting worse. I think it's related to the dhcp address but restarting the router doesn't help. I'm tired of no print preview in Chrome and not being able to sync my bookmarks anyways, I'll probably go back to Firefox (kicking and screaming).

Mar 28, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #27 of 35
Chrome thinks I am in France when I use Google search, its been like this for a few days and now wiki pages are in French too so its getting worse. I think it's related to the dhcp address but restarting the router doesn't help. I'm tired of no print preview in Chrome and not being able to sync my bookmarks anyways, I'll probably go back to Firefox (kicking and screaming).

The no print preview can be annoying, but I think you can sync bookmarks across computers with the sync feature...

Mar 28, 2011 at 12:07 AM Post #28 of 35
While Chrome 10 is indeed very responsive and has become my default browser, some of the web based games I play stutter on it. This is actually quite odd as it never happened on my Win XP Firefox 3.6.x install. Odd, very odd.

Quote:
Chrome working fine so far, fast as hell and better for games then the last.

I'll have to take a trip to the extension download spot to see whats cool and what's not. Just for fun.

Mar 28, 2011 at 12:21 AM Post #29 of 35
I love Chrome 10.  Fastest OS I've used.
beerchug.gif

Apr 1, 2011 at 11:50 AM Post #30 of 35
Been using it for a while not I still get the feel the Chrome version before this was slightly more "instant" but it might be my imagination. 

I've done some upgrades RAM wise and software wise since so it might have to do with that, I did feel that before as well though.

I wonder is it possible to revert back. 
blink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back