Google 2.0
May 16, 2007 at 11:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Veniogenesis

Headphoneus Supremus
Google has been updated. Tons of new features. Not sure if they're all positive ones though.
biggrin.gif

This blog post highlights the major changes (I'm not related to the blog; I just found it on the first page of Digg
tongue.gif
):
http://searchengineland.com/070516-143312.php

May 17, 2007 at 2:47 AM Post #2 of 8
I really hate it when they move menus about, now I need to move my mouse another 500 miles to get to them. Damn you google!

Besides, it's not to make our searches better but to make their advertising more efficient. Google is just an ad farm after all.
evil_smiley.gif

May 17, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #3 of 8
I trust google to make the right decisions since so far pretty much every service of theirs which I have used has been excellent. I look forward to using them more in the future and checking out the improvements and new search integration.
That being said, the new menu placement is definitely less convenient than it was yesterday.. whatever, not a big deal.

May 17, 2007 at 5:00 PM Post #5 of 8
Google is still the best. I like them. The changes are to insert more adds in. Like gmail now has adds under the email. I can live with that though

May 17, 2007 at 5:09 PM Post #6 of 8
speaking of google, I've noticed I don't even notice those advertisements. I either just scroll down far enough not to see them, or just completely overlook look them out of habit now. How many people actually pay attention to them???

May 18, 2007 at 7:11 AM Post #7 of 8
You know what -- I have straight up bought products off of google ads.

Hell, come to think of it, I bought my first pair of er-6i from earphonesolutions because of their ad in gmail.

Great ads.

May 18, 2007 at 2:13 PM Post #8 of 8
Simply Google was also on Digg this week. Useful for taking advantage of some of Googles features.

And this is barely related, but since I just came across earlier this week, I thought I'd post. Google/Yahoo history - How Yahoo Blew It. [Wired]

In the interest of openness, I should mention I'm doing some work with Google. I just happen to find that war really interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back