Goody... Some idiot decided to use my HD-580's as speakers
Jul 10, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #31 of 40
ouch

it helps if your roomates/ pc sharers know that you will not stop until they are punished severely. you will not eat or sleep, you will hunt them down to the ends of the earth & torture them until they beg for death.

seriously tho, its not acceptable, and by all means, please slay this person out for the good of audiophiles everywhere

Jul 10, 2008 at 4:48 AM Post #32 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Akabeth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How can "a lot of people" use your computer rig and headphone??
confused.gif

Is this some sort of a shared computer or are you just voluntarily letting people use them? You need not answer this but at any rate, at least keep away your headphones from them.

Brothers friends, friends, family, other relatives. My computer is the most used by everyone in the house and I generally don't mind letting people use it. Its also partly due to my setup because I have a switch that selects between the speakers and the headphones. Almost everyone who uses the computer doesn't get how it works.

As for blowing it out, crappy rap music with severe Myspace compression can do some damage.

Quote:

All HD650/600/580 parts are entirely interchangeable. Everything. Pads, headbands, cables, drivers, grilles, screws, etc. They are all the same in terms of molds used to create them.

Do the HD650's sound the same with the 580 grill on them? I just saw an older thread that said the HD650 drivers are only $40 a piece if you call Sennheiser.

Jul 10, 2008 at 5:32 AM Post #33 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by XxATOLxX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Brothers friends, friends, family, other relatives. My computer is the most used by everyone in the house and I generally don't mind letting people use it. Its also partly due to my setup because I have a switch that selects between the speakers and the headphones. Almost everyone who uses the computer doesn't get how it works.

As for blowing it out, crappy rap music with severe Myspace compression can do some damage.

Makes sense. Some idiot who knows nothing about headphones cranks up the sound on quality headphones as if it is a ghetto blaster boom box(or s#!tty ibuds) and blows them out.

Beat the &%*#@!* $#!* out of that person!

Jul 10, 2008 at 6:12 AM Post #34 of 40
Quote:

Do the HD650's sound the same with the 580 grill on them? I just saw an older thread that said the HD650 drivers are only $40 a piece if you call Sennheiser.

I doubt they are that cheap.

Jul 10, 2008 at 12:02 PM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Golden Monkey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, my cat is a little person as well, lol...he seems to know exactly which behavior I'll find most annoying at the time, and goes nuts. I'm on the computer? Hop up and block the monitor. Watching TV? Stand in front. Listening to music? sit on the nice warm amp and mess with the shiny cables behind it. His name is Angus, but he must think that's only his middle name, lol...as in "@$!*&%ing ANGUS!"

How about naming him "Agnes" instead? It can sound like "anus" aka as shole.
biggrin.gif

Jul 10, 2008 at 1:22 PM Post #36 of 40
Quote:

Then you owe it to yourself to at least educate everyone on how to use the switch and not to treat headphones like speakers. This will save your relationship with your housemates as well as the rest of your phones, present and future. This is what I have done and everything has worked out fine since the last time a similar thing happened to me (I was fortunately home and saved the headphones in time though).

Quote:

The HD-650s have different drivers and do not sound the same to the HD-580/-600.

Cheers!

Jul 10, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Navyblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about naming him "Agnes" instead? It can sound like "anus" aka as shole.
biggrin.gif

Nah, he's a little to manly for that. At least he thinks so. I have about 500 names for him, all of them derivatives of either Angus or...:embarrased:..."Mister Little"...*sigh*...

Jul 10, 2008 at 6:27 PM Post #39 of 40
The problem was not with the computer but with the headphones, so, instead of protect your computer with a password, just unplug and hide your amp's interconnect and/or lock your headphones.

Jul 10, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #40 of 40
Quote:

That's very generous of you.

As a follow-up to what I said earlier: I also let my friends in the apartment building use my headphones, pc rig, 360, etc all the time and vice versa. We've etched a mighty trust amongst each other over the years though, and not to mention we are all responsible bunch of students
cool.gif
Too bad some graduated and I gotta move to a different place this fall
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back