goodbye W1000- hello ??????
Sep 20, 2004 at 8:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

tuatara

500+ Head-Fier
After 4 weeks of frustration I've decided to quit the ATs and get something else. I've come to the conclusion that my ears and closed cans dont mix.
After listening to about 4 tracks in a row I find I have the start reducing the volume from around my usual 9 oclock position and I start experiencing a pressure around my eardrums which is only relieved by removing the headphones.
I know with age I've become more sensitive to certain sounds but this is a new one. Years ago I used to use a set of Technics closed headphones, but they were oblong shaped rather like a Stax and didn't seal the ear in the way the ATs do.

So now it's decision time. I've been looking hard at MS2s and MSpros but the local Grado importers has drasticly reduced the price on RS1s(by nearly NZ$900 in about 4 months) so now they're cheaper than the MSpros/
So, are the Alessandros worth about US$60 more than the pros.
I love my 225s and really want an upgrade of that sound.One phone call and the Grados will be in my hands tomorrow...aahh the sweet tang of temptation.

Sep 20, 2004 at 8:50 AM Post #3 of 5
Tried the HD650 for 4 days and they weren't what I was after. Grado fan I guess and the RS1s are cheaper here via the local importer than getting them from the US.
Dont know how long that will last so a decision will have to be made fairly soon.

Sep 20, 2004 at 9:35 AM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by commando
Have I talked to you about this before or was that someone else? May I ask where in NZ you are?

Well you like Grados, sticking with them wouldn't be a bad thing. I've only tried the cheap ones, didn't like 'em at all.

Other main option is beyers I guess.

Might have come up on Audio enz forum i think. I had posted a review of the ATs on there when they arrived.

I'm at the bottom of the country, 3 miles from here there's nothing between me and the south pole(besides a few whales, penguins,etc)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back