Goodbye Bass Boost
Apr 17, 2003 at 9:03 PM Post #16 of 19
My first pair of headphones were KSC-35s.. so that should probably explain it
tongue.gif

Apr 17, 2003 at 10:02 PM Post #17 of 19
Kranking up the bass on an N707 gets tube (not vacuum tubes, more like the Tube) bass.. it feels like they boosted certain frequencies and didn't do the rest. It sounds off. I HATE IT! My R37s bass boost boosted too much of the other frequencies, not too bad. My DR7 is also boosting the wrong frequencies (increased treble on a BASS boost..) but it's only really noticeable on setting 3 of 3. Which I never use seriously. heh.

Apr 17, 2003 at 10:56 PM Post #18 of 19
To maintain some kind of relevance to this topic: I don't find the D66 lacking in bass either...but I don't use bass boost 90% of the time
tongue.gif

me,
lovely phrase! I'll buy the "tube bass" patent from ya
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
Is the DR7 still boosting treble when you turn the treble to 0 or negative?

Quote:

Originally posted by deejayshakur
any chinese/hk/tw music listeners in here??

been listening to ±i·q°a (cheung king yin) lately. that kid is the man. i like utada, but after i realized i can't understand a word she sings except the english parts, i kinda gave up jpop. she's cute tho.

Me, me me... virtually all downloads though, the last CDs I bought were Lisa and Ciacia.

Don't know who they are? That's why I bought their CDs... support (relatively) Indie artists!
tongue.gif

Apr 18, 2003 at 12:29 AM Post #19 of 19
rblanco10,
I never really own any decent headphones so I can only compare eggo to earbuds. I vaguely remember KSC-50 didn't sound very impressive, perhaps due to bad fit. I prefer eggo to any earbuds I've owned: my weird ears don't like Ety ER-6 at all. Two things I like the 4 pole sharpheiser better: it sounds more stereo and gives a sharper image on what's close and what's far away.

blessingx,
Ha, although I like them I don't expect any head-fier would recommend FPS 2000. I quote it because it gives punchy bass.

deejayshakur,
I do listen to some 90s Hong Kong songs but I don't know any new ones at all. I often found mandarin songs more fun to listen to.

me,
For bass boost on my N505, I feel like being traped in a big balloon with someone punching from outside
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back