Good tips for ATH CK10 (no modding)
Feb 19, 2011 at 7:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

EndlessMike

Head-Fier
I think I'm gonna pick up these IEMs, I want some tips that are comfortable and provide good isolation as my main use for these are gonna be a bus ride everyday from school.

Feb 19, 2011 at 8:04 PM Post #2 of 11
monster christmas trees.  they're what i use.

Feb 19, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #6 of 11
http://cgi.ebay.com/earbud-replacement-tips-fo-Monster-Beats-Dr-Dre-Tour-N-/150419482729?pt=Other_MP3_Player_Accessories&hash=item2305b32869

i bought these ones.  someone offered to send me their spares for the price of postage, you should dig through the last few pages of the ck10 thread for more info.

Feb 20, 2011 at 2:19 AM Post #7 of 11
Sony Hybrids are great too, at least better than stock tips but they're not gonna reduce the treble peaks like Comply does
it's easier to take the IEMs in and out, unlike the foams that you have to crush them in and wait for them to expand,
or triple-flanged tips that's well isolating but just hard to take them in and out and they might feel too intrusive for some

Feb 20, 2011 at 2:45 AM Post #8 of 11
To tame the highs, choose tips with narrower inner tube. I think some Etymotic tips can fit. From those, the most comfortable fit belongs to ER-15SM. These are 3-flanges made of excellent material. My ear-channels are big, so I cut first (smallest) flange and used these tips as bi-flanges.

Tips rules. I've gone through numerous tips and ended up with custom tips and custom earphones. These are miles away, both in terms of comfort and sound. If I were you, I would believe me (though I am not sure :wink: ) and order custom tips now. I regret that I spend a lot of time and money, hounding for universal tips before I decided for custom.

Feb 20, 2011 at 3:58 AM Post #9 of 11

Quote:
Sony Hybrids are great too, at least better than stock tips but they're not gonna reduce the treble peaks like Comply does
it's easier to take the IEMs in and out, unlike the foams that you have to crush them in and wait for them to expand,
or triple-flanged tips that's well isolating but just hard to take them in and out and they might feel too intrusive for some

I enjoy the Sony Hybrids with the CK10s.

I like the sound of the Complys, but they last for less than a month a pop... which is too much I think!

Feb 20, 2011 at 10:25 AM Post #10 of 11
AwakenedBeing posted a good list of tips contributed by a number of users:
http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/480346/comparison-audio-technica-ck10-and-ck100#post_6518096

Quote:
List of compatible tips:
-Altec Lansing tri-flanges
-Audio Technica foams (ER-CK100)
-Audio Technica silicon
- Complys (tstarn06)
-Etymotic tri-flanges (googleli)
-Etymotic Glider foam (average_joe)
-FutureSonics Atrio tips (dfkt)
-JVC / Victor FX500 foams (shigzeo)
-Klipsch gel tips (tstarn06)
-Monster Cable tips (average_joe)
-NuForce foams (shigzeo)
-Phonak Audéo PFE tips
-Shure tri-flanges (mp3)
- Shure Olives (de-cored) (a bit loose)
-Sony Hybrids (EP-EX10A) (ljokerl)
-SoundMagic foams
-Ultimate Ears silicon (james444; can also be modified with Playaz/Xears orange foams stuffed underneath)
-VSonic foams (ljokerl)

Personally, I am still using the stock tips and not very happy with them. They sound fine, but are quite uncomfortable and keep slipping out of my ear. Not surprisingly they offer less than average isolation as well. I placed an order for some fake Sony Hybrids about 3 weeks back but still haven't received them. I'm gonna wait for a week or two more before ordering some alternate tips - most probably the Sony Hybrids or AT ER-CK100 foams.

Feb 21, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #11 of 11
Get the Sony Hybrids (fake or otherwise). I just received them today (finally!!) and they are the complete opposite of the stock tips - soft, comfortable, nice isolation and don't slip out of the ears. Best 5 bucks I ever spent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back