good system for hd650 break in?
Mar 26, 2008 at 6:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

krohm

Head-Fier
hi all, newly registered user and have just then received my brand new hd650s!! ohhh yeeaah. a few questions am a total newbie 'audiophile' but definitely have the appreciation for quality sound. have had some ultimate ear 5 pros for my ipod before but ran over them with my chair. found them a little uncomfortable anyways. so yeh i have myself some hd650s now and wanted to know if i break them in on a supbar system will it affect the headphones in the longrun. or it doesnt matter?

wanting to get myself a headroomtotalbithead for portable use with my ipod as use apple lossless quality for my cds. also wanting to use these for gaming and was wanting to know if anyone knows about the best soundcard to use for these headphones. happy to spend a few hundred on the scard. any advise on someone who knows nothing who is just getting into the 'audiophile' process. ok, let me know. cheers

Mar 26, 2008 at 11:10 AM Post #2 of 4
My AV pre-amp has a headphone socket, so if I want to burn a pair of cans in, I just play the radio into it while I'm at work. In other words it don't matter what you play. Another suggestion is to just use them from day one. No anxious waiting required!

Mar 26, 2008 at 11:48 AM Post #3 of 4
ok, i need more ppl to reply to reassure me... also any soundcard recommendations? the headroom amp can be plugged into the poota aswell to amp the soundcard a bit.. any feedback on a top notch soundcard would be great.. cheers

Mar 26, 2008 at 3:57 PM Post #4 of 4
ok, did a search on soundcards for pcs and realise its a huge topic i probably wont broach until im ready to make the purchase.

thanks for the reply bosch ive started listening to em already. all goood. look forward to the headroom amp for my ipod!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back