Good Sub Selection for JBL LSR305
Jun 11, 2015 at 1:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

jaykarnik

New Head-Fier
I am planning to get 2 x JBL LSR305... I was wondering what a good Subwoofer pairing with the same?

I wanted a good sub to really feel the bass but i dont think the 10 inch LSR310S will really deliver that (esp the lower frequencies).... So looking for alternatives in upto 300$ price range....

My room is 19x11x9. if that helps....

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:18 AM Post #2 of 6
Can you tell us the rest of your audio setup? What are you hooking your JBLs too (make/model)? Some subs might or might not work with your setup.

What kind of deep bass extension are you looking for?

Are you looking for the sub to take over some of the lower frequencies from the JBLs, or just fill out the bottom end where the JBLs start to roll off?

Jun 12, 2015 at 12:20 AM Post #3 of 6
Oh, and if you want a sub that will beat up your room with decent extension below 20hz, grab one of these while they are on special: http://www.outlawaudio.com/products/ultra.html.

Jun 12, 2015 at 2:35 AM Post #4 of 6
  I am planning to get 2 x JBL LSR305... I was wondering what a good Sub-woofer pairing with the same?
I wanted a good sub to really feel the bass but i don't think the 10 inch LSR310S will really deliver that (esp the lower frequencies).... So looking for alternatives in up to 300$ price range....
My room is 19x11x9. if that helps....

Here is a Monoprice sub-woofer for $220.
I really do not know a lot about it, but Monoprice usually offers great bang for the buck.
http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=115&cp_id=11504&cs_id=1150401&p_id=605999&seq=1&format=2

Jun 12, 2015 at 9:37 AM Post #6 of 6
Can you tell us the rest of your audio setup? What are you hooking your JBLs too (make/model)? Some subs might or might not work with your setup.

What kind of deep bass extension are you looking for?

Are you looking for the sub to take over some of the lower frequencies from the JBLs, or just fill out the bottom end where the JBLs start to roll off?

I am going to hook it up to my computer... At this point still debating whether to use onboard Audio or put in a Sound Blaster Z / Asus Sonar (Some card).

I am an audio enthu, and I appreciate good music but I aint an audiophile so the "deep bass extension" and "where the JBLs start to roll off" is kind of latin to me... But I can differentiate between good and bad music and I feel that just the LSR305 doesnt have a very good bass and it needs an additional Sub...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back