Good sub-bass cans up to $400
Feb 8, 2014 at 4:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

mvicp

New Head-Fier
I just recently began my journey into the audiophile world and I need some help. I realized that I wasn't a basshead, I'm a sub-basshead so I just started with buying the Hisoundaudio Wooduo 2. They're pretty great, but I have to constantly adjust the fit and that takes away from the experience. I want to get some over the ear headphones that are just as good or better to remedy this. I'm looking for some with great sub-bass and treble most importantly. As long as the mid-range is acceptable, I'll be fine. I'll be listening through my iPod, so I'd rather not have to buy an amp. I'm willing to go as far as $400. If anyone has any recommendations or tips for improving the fit of these IEMs, please share. Thanks.

Most Important
1. Good Sub-bass
2. Good Treble
3. No Amp
4. Good Mid-range

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:29 PM Post #6 of 12
philips x1 bass has steep roll off after 60hz
try this thread out 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/581018/the-fun-v-shaped-club

I dont think you will do better than an ultrasone pro 900

Feb 9, 2014 at 8:39 PM Post #7 of 12
HE-400 has great sub bass. The treble is on the bright side though. They work fine without an amp, but you won't be using the headphones to their full potential.

Feb 11, 2014 at 2:11 AM Post #12 of 12
  I'm interested in trying out the HE-400, but do you guys think that treble problem can be fixed with some EQ adjustments?

nope

It was still painful to me... but here is the thing. It is definitely worth a try bro... It is an awesome headphone... there is a ton to appreciate about it. It wows you then takes some getting used to as well.  And technically its one of the best mentioned here on this thread so far. There is always some sacrifice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back