Good stores to try out Headphones in New York City and a possible recommendation for close backed Headphones.
Nov 7, 2013 at 8:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DiMenezes

New Head-Fier
Hi, I will be traveling to New York in the next month, and considering the country I live in everything is extremely overpriced and the only place I can try out phones are in the small Sony stores there are here I am looking forward to try out some Headphones before making my final decision.

I still deciding between the Sony MDR-1R and Sennheiser Momentum but surely I'm open minded to others.
I already have a Sennheisen HD 598 (which is open back) and I have a Shure SE315 (which are in ear), so that's why I'm looking for an closed back Headphones in the price range of the MDR-1R and Momentum, something about 200 to 350 tops.

I'm leaning towards the MDR-1R because I heard it is great to deliver female vocals which alongside classical music and movies and games soundtracks are among my favorites.

Thanks for any help!

Nov 7, 2013 at 9:21 AM Post #2 of 2
Try B&H I think they have their store in New York. I would imagine they should have a decent number of headphones you could try in store!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back