Good Spanish Guitar Albums?
Mar 28, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #16 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by rb67 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2. That is a very good CD. Mediterranean Sundance Live is just amazing.

John Williams (not the composer) is another amazing guitarist.

I don't have my Friday Night album with me, but I can certainly tell you that the studio version of that song on Al di Meola's Elegant Gypsy album is also fantastic. In fact, I'm going to go out on a limb here and recommend that album - glorious mix of Spanish guitar and some lovely electric work.

Mar 28, 2007 at 9:10 AM Post #17 of 29
The track "Entre dos Aguas" by Paco de Lucia is on the album "Cafe del Mar Vol. 2.

The album "Cantoma" by Cantoma is chill out-type electronica with some spanish guitar. One of my favorites is the 5th track, "Pandajero."

The two Bliss albums, "Quiet Letters" and "Afterlife" are also my favorites.

For a more electronica/dance flavor and faster-paced, I like "Sunshine (Montejano's Spanish Guitar Mix)" by DJ Chus & David Penn from the compilation album "Cafe Latino."

Mar 28, 2007 at 9:25 AM Post #18 of 29
amazing spanish guitar albums you all recommended. I'm truely addicted to this now.

I want to listen to specific songs on iTune's before i buy it first, any more specific songs you suggest?

Mar 28, 2007 at 10:45 AM Post #19 of 29
Surely you have run across Ottmar Liebert?

Look up any Julian Bream you can. I even have an LP with Julian Bream and John Williams (not the composer).

Try Gypsy Kings.

I am partial to Flamenco...

Mar 30, 2007 at 7:05 PM Post #21 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by KYTGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Surely you have run across Ottmar Liebert?

Yeah, Ottmar is nice, but I always thought of him more as a pop kind of spanish guitarist? Maybe I haven't listened to the right stuff. What would you recommend KYTGuy?

By the way, nice Team you're a member of there. At least I'll know where the odour is coming from if we are at the same Head-Fi Meet together. You aren't going to the National Meet, are you?

Rob

Mar 30, 2007 at 10:56 PM Post #22 of 29
Sorry not to go - wanted to, but the Brother's wife is delivering another Heir to the name, and we want to be there for the event. Looks like it will happen nearly simultaneously.

Heh - you are first to recognize the reference - we came up with that for the name of the party for the Men, while the ladies had the baby shower - we stayed out back, and smoked ceegars and drank Scotch, and cooked suasages and Kraut, with mustard...had a great time! The kids liked it outside with us, instead of inside with all the squealing women, and their silly games!!! It was so good, that we renamed it the "First Annual Kusai Oyaji" party - looks like the next one will probably be a chili cook-off and Gun/Shootin' Meet!!!

Mar 30, 2007 at 11:17 PM Post #23 of 29
Quote:

Originally Posted by KYTGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Heh - you are first to recognize the reference - we came up with that for the name of the party for the Men, while the ladies had the baby shower - we stayed out back, and smoked ceegars and drank Scotch, and cooked suasages and Kraut, with mustard...had a great time! The kids liked it outside with us, instead of inside with all the squealing women, and their silly games!!! It was so good, that we renamed it the "First Annual Kusai Oyaji" party - looks like the next one will probably be a chili cook-off and Gun/Shootin' Meet!!!

Sounds like an awesome time. Wish I could be a team member!

Oct 14, 2011 at 2:03 PM Post #26 of 29
Resurrecting an old thread with this masterpiece :  Carlos Heredia - Gypsy Flamenco [Binaural 96@24] . That recording is absolutely gorgeous... 

Download Link

Oct 14, 2011 at 2:54 PM Post #27 of 29
Spanish Gold - Victoria Drake [HDCD]
Badass.

Edit: Oops

Oct 18, 2011 at 8:30 PM Post #28 of 29
... Thanks for the resurrection Alex ... I must also add this masterpiece ... This is my absolute favorite spanish guitar (in this case flamenco) album ... It's a shame Gerardo injured his hand a few years back, I'm not sure that he is able to play the same ... Be warned: this album is beyond amazing (I also implore you to check out another album of his: "Jucal", but none of the other albums: it's kinda downhill from there) :

Oct 19, 2011 at 2:33 PM Post #29 of 29

x3 nice production.. rockin
Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll add Rodrigo y Gabriela to the list. http://www.myspace.com/rodrigoygabriela

x2. They're not really Spanish. They're Mexican ex-heavy metal by way of Dublin. Truly unbelievable. They're CD costs the same as others but includes a DVD with 3 music videos, a video of they're story, and a tutorial video.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back