Good sounding PCDP - age no object
Apr 3, 2005 at 3:24 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

hciman77

Headphoneus Supremus
I am looking for a really good sounding PCDP preferably with a real line out - there are gazillions on eBay but what are the ones that actually sound good ? - Do not care about features or battery life - I have loads of rechargeables

Apr 3, 2005 at 6:13 PM Post #3 of 7
Beside duncan list thing to look for

Denon DCP-150 (Alledgelly the best [ie expensive in auction
very_evil_smiley.gif
]) (line-out, digital mini-coax(1/8") out, IR-remote)
Denon DCP-100

Philips AZ-6829 (famous in Japanese auction) / AZ-6819 or it's little brother AZ-6808

The those above have special batteries (Compatible with BP-2EX). Does not work with regular batteries.

I also had an Onkyo DX-F71 which wasn't bad. Pretty good if you don't spend too much.

Apr 3, 2005 at 6:40 PM Post #4 of 7
I'm partial to the D-555.

However, the D-NE10 is a lot closer to the D-555 than one might think, given the track record of PCDPs during the last decade.

IMHO

Paul

Apr 3, 2005 at 7:10 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by hciman77
I am looking for a really good sounding PCDP preferably with a real line out - there are gazillions on eBay but what are the ones that actually sound good ? - Do not care about features or battery life - I have loads of rechargeables

Hciman77, if you are looking for a true portable cd player (one that is going to be on the road with you) keep in mind that vintage cd players don't have a lot of anti skip time.

- Justin

Apr 3, 2005 at 7:45 PM Post #6 of 7
Many truly "vintage" PCDP have *no* antiskip other than the mechanism itself.

I used to use a now-vintage "no antiskip" PCDP in the car hooked up to the amps. It did surprisingly well. Only crossing certain railroad tracks would cause a momentary problem.

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back