Good sounding and most comfy closed can?
May 2, 2008 at 3:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

smuh

500+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I am in search for a very comfy and of course good sounding set of cans. I currently own the Beyerdynamic DT250 which I like a lot, but as we all know, you can never have enough cans!
biggrin.gif

---If you don't want to whole story, skip this part
smily_headphones1.gif

What I cannot stand is the clamping force of a lot of closed cans, I tried the HD 280 and sold them because of that and I am about the sell my Ultrasone HFI 650 because of that. Compared to the HD 280 the HFI 650 has less clamping force, but the pads are still not as comfy as the DT250 ones.

The AKG 271 was quite okay, but Mids or Bass was slightly recessed IIRC. The ATH-A900LTD I had was okay too, but I did not like the sound signature, actually I had three pairs of Audio Technicas and sold them all because something was always missing.

I was looking at the HD 265, but it seems that they sound sooo great, that I would end up deaf
wink.gif
The Ultrasones all have the same design, so I expect they all have the same clamping force and pads which I don't like that much.

---And start here again
smily_headphones1.gif

So I am looking for a good sounding can that has comfy pads and no or close to no clamping force. I will be using it out of my DV Figaro or Corda Aria.

Thanks,
smuh

May 2, 2008 at 5:29 PM Post #3 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by mnemonix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Audio Technica, the wing system means no clamping....

edit. wait... you don't like their sound. ok.

Yea, I wish I would like their sound as I found hem very comfy and could listen to them for hours
frown.gif

May 2, 2008 at 7:41 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rednamalas1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
budget?
I would recommend D1000 for around 100$ and Denon D2000 for around 250$.

Yes, the Denon D2000 on Amazon for $220 is a very good value. Feels very comfortable, and very decent sound.

May 2, 2008 at 10:08 PM Post #8 of 11
Stax 4070 imo.
They are very comfortable, with low clamping. Best part is that they sound really great as well, even if not quite on par with the SR-007

May 2, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #9 of 11
Another vote for Denon D2000, VERY comfortable for a headphone. And good all round sound. I have the DT250, and the D2000 are much more comfortable to wear.

May 2, 2008 at 11:03 PM Post #10 of 11
No real limit on budget right now, if its too expensive, I will buy one of the cheaper recommendations now and try the expensive stuff later on
smily_headphones1.gif

I will try to get a pair of Denon's or DT 770's, would love to buy a stax set but that will have to wait
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back