Good soundcard with RCA outputs
Mar 2, 2007 at 12:09 PM Post #16 of 19
sm68: Any good sources for the Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi in France? Over here it's ~ 100 Euro, available for example from Alternate(www.alternate.de). I'd suggest to check out that one - imo, it's the most interesting priceworthy hifi-oriented pci soundcard on the market at the moment (at least in that pricerange).

Greetings from Munich!

Manfred / lini

Mar 2, 2007 at 12:56 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by terrymx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
take a look at the esi juli@ also i think it has rca output, and as well as 5.3mm.

Yes, but it is over 200$ around here...

Mar 2, 2007 at 1:02 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by lini /img/forum/go_quote.gif
sm68: Any good sources for the Audiotrak Prodigy 7.1 HiFi in France? Over here it's ~ 100 Euro, available for example from Alternate(www.alternate.de). I'd suggest to check out that one - imo, it's the most interesting priceworthy hifi-oriented pci soundcard on the market at the moment (at least in that pricerange).

It looks interesting, maybe I could find a German distributor willing to ship it to France.
But what about its sound? How does it compare to the famous emu0404?

Mar 2, 2007 at 1:34 PM Post #19 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by syncmaster68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, but it is over 200$ around here...

Keep your eye on the used market. For awhile I ran RCA to RCA from my Juli@ to my Headfive and it sounded pretty darn good. The DAC chip (I don't know what it is) does a pretty good job. I had wonderful blackground and nice detail. Plus it has the added benefit of having digital out as well and you can flip the RCAs for TRS if your setup ever changes. Once I get my home office set up, I'll be running optical out to my DAC to my Darkvoice (my current use) but then I'll be using the TRS outs for my M-Audio monitors for speaker listening. I find it to be a very versatile card that sounds terrific to boot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back