Good sound quality DAP
Jan 11, 2009 at 3:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Pariah1

100+ Head-Fier
Looking to replace my Cowon iAudio F2 (4 gig) as it's headphone jack is causing distortion/dropout when I'm moving around too much or exercising with it. The jack is not loose so I don't know what the problem is, but it's not the headphones as all I have tried do the same thing, and not on other equipment. Also I want a expandable (memory card) DAP anyway as I have quickly outgrown the 4 gig storage of this little guy.

The DAP must have:

Expanable memory

Lossless file playback (Flac/WAV...etc.)

Good quality sound

So what brands besides Cowon (don't know if I want another of those) have good audio quality? I've read about the Sansa Fuze and it is expandable, any others to recommend? Thanks!

I'm using Senn PX-100's but will possibly get some IEM's at some point.

Jan 11, 2009 at 9:45 PM Post #3 of 8
Why look for anything else beyond the Fuze?

Jan 11, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #4 of 8
Kenwood range? iPod Touch?

Jan 11, 2009 at 10:04 PM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by davidw89 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Kenwood range? iPod Touch?

Seriously why post if you have no clue? Ipod Touch is not expandable.

Jan 11, 2009 at 11:46 PM Post #8 of 8
Thanks guys, I'm decided on the Fuze.
smily_headphones1.gif

I just wanted to know if there was some other glaring option I had overlooked, or if you guys knew of some more esoteric one a normal guy like me wouldn't be likely to find. Also of course I don't really trust those "professional" reviews when it comes to matters of sound quality, so it's nice to know members here think it has good SQ.
smile_phones.gif

I found the Fuze with 8 gigs for $85 shipped (sliver, my choice anyway). So with a 16 gig SDHC card I'll have 24 gigs of FLAC bliss for a little over $100.
smily_headphones1.gif
And of course there will be even bigger SDHC cards coming out.
smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back