Good Software to tag flac files?
Jun 9, 2005 at 4:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

naddy

100+ Head-Fier
Hi all,

Just wandering what is good software to use to tag FLAC files? And for that matter what is good software to convert FLAC files to mp3?

Thanks for any help!

Jun 9, 2005 at 4:51 PM Post #2 of 16
I use Foobar for both purposes (masstagger & diskwriter). http://www.foobar2000.org/

Be sure to use a LAME MP3 encoder with the diskwriter with the 'alt presets' (3.90.3) or -V# (where # is a number from 0 to 9, 0 being the best and 9 the most compressed) (newer LAME versions). Available from http://www.rarewares.org

Jun 9, 2005 at 6:28 PM Post #6 of 16
Jun 9, 2005 at 7:54 PM Post #7 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by naddy
Hi all,
Just wandering what is good software to use to tag FLAC files?

mp3bookhelper.sourceforge.net

This program provides rapid Mp3 (ID3v1, ID3v2) and Ogg Vorbis/Speex/Flac tags editing and file renaming functions. Mass Tag editing is done using special variables and Regular Expressions. Undo and preview for all changes, capitalization, search and replace, use parts of file name or directory structure for tags. Directory renaming and restructure based on tags. All customizable and configurable.
Get the artist and album information from the freedb database over internet.
You can export and import ID3 tags to and from XML and comma delimited text files, verify CRC/MD5 checksums and more.

(end of quote)
It's opensource and free. freedb search is very nice function...

Jun 10, 2005 at 6:50 PM Post #8 of 16
I also use foobar2000. It's highly customizable and usable. I use it both for tagging my flac files and converting them to the lossless codec of the day
etysmile.gif

Aug 10, 2011 at 10:27 PM Post #12 of 16

Quote:
I user mp3tag to tag untagged flac files, pretty decent program to tag audio files.

Ditto. A piece of software dedicated to the tagging of media(music) files.

My only qualm is that it doesn't support WAV. :frowning2:

Aug 12, 2011 at 6:19 PM Post #13 of 16
@Up: I always thought .WAVs don't support tags at all...

If you ask me, I just use Foobar. Except it doesn't support editing cover tags. That's where mp3tag would come in, but it doesn't bother me - Rockbox doesn't support cover tags either, so I just keep them as image files in the album folder...

Feb 3, 2014 at 5:03 PM Post #14 of 16
are there any new programs worth checking out?

Aug 22, 2014 at 1:19 AM Post #15 of 16
Hey guys, im currently ripping my cd collection to flac files in attendance of my new akg k550 headphones.

Well, I must be the only one that could have problems with media monkey to tag music. I ditched it. But foobar2000 with freebd is doing great work! Only a few newer albums arent there, Havoc and Bright Lights from Alanis Morisset to name an exemple.

Cant wait to start my listening adventure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back