Good Shure E5 Deal
Mar 22, 2004 at 6:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

AndyH

100+ Head-Fier
Picked this up from the front page of iPodlounge:

Quote:

MicrophoneSolutions.com has just released a NEW Coupon Code F369E5 for iPodlounge visitors that will bring the price of the Shure E5 from $499.00 to $369.00 + shipping. Our lowest price ever for iPodlounge visitors only. Also Shure E2 for $75 w/ Coupon F75E2 and Shure E3 for $148 w/ Coupon F148E3.

I hope I'm not going against the forum rules by posting this.

Mar 22, 2004 at 6:56 PM Post #2 of 11
Cool. I just broke down and bought one. Thanks for posting this great offer.

Damn you lindrone! I should have never listened to your shures. I haven't figured out if I'll sell my etys or not. I guess it depends on how much I like the shures with my amp over time or if I'll even use my amp with my ipod anymore.

Mar 22, 2004 at 7:06 PM Post #4 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by Vedder323
I suggest emailing idealsound as well. I have a feeling you will be pleasantly surprised.

Look's expensive. $3,670.00 This is from their ebay ad but it includes free overnight shipping.

So if it's actually $367 with shipping, it's cheaper. Oh, well. Not too much difference in price.

Mar 22, 2004 at 7:15 PM Post #5 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by iamdone
Cool. I just broke down and bought one. Thanks for posting this great offer.

Damn you lindrone! I should have never listened to your shures. I haven't figured out if I'll sell my etys or not. I guess it depends on how much I like the shures with my amp over time or if I'll even use my amp with my ipod anymore.

LOL.. my bad...

Mar 22, 2004 at 7:53 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by iamdone
Look's expensive. $3,670.00 This is from their ebay ad but it includes free overnight shipping.

So if it's actually $367 with shipping, it's cheaper. Oh, well. Not too much difference in price.

lol, $3,670.00! I thought that would be corrected by now.

Mar 22, 2004 at 8:38 PM Post #7 of 11
he purposely did that because he didn't want to post the real price. You have to email him for his real price
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 22, 2004 at 9:05 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally posted by lindrone
he purposely did that because he didn't want to post the real price. You have to email him for his real price
smily_headphones1.gif

I just hope some sucker doesn't end up paypaling him $3,670.00
tongue.gif

Mar 22, 2004 at 10:00 PM Post #9 of 11
I just jumped on the e3s. I actually like the gray more than white. I couldn't get the free shipping code to work with the other coupon so I just had them ship it 2nd day air.
I have the ex71s and these better blow them out of the water.(cause the sonys suck)

Mar 23, 2004 at 12:45 AM Post #11 of 11
There were 2 reasons idealsound posted the price as 3670.00:

1) Lindrone already touched upon this sort of, that he is actually selling them for 367.00.

why the extra "0" then?

The reason is that idealsound is an official seller of shure products. This means that he is not allowed to advertise at lower prices than Shure's MSRP. So, idealsound would be breeching terms of his selling contract with shure selling them at a lower price.

He was sneaky and found away to stay within the terms of this contract and let us all know (with the aid of a little common sense) what he's selling them for by choosing to list it at 3670.00.

I've heard nothing but good things about idealsound and it seems that he is catching on as a good source to buy headphones and headphone equipment at the best prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back