Good Quality / Stylish Hip-Hop headphones for ~$50
Feb 3, 2010 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

UrPhreshness

New Head-Fier
First off I'd like to say that I'm new to this site you can probably see that though. Anyway in the past year or so I have experimenting with really cheap in ear headphones as the time that I listen to my iPod Touch has increased. And now I think its time that I get some good quality closed over ear headphones rather than blowing my money on cheap bad quality headphones that don't last. So what I'm looking for now is some stylish overhead closed overhead headphones that aren't to expensive the max I think I'll spend is $70. I mostly listen to Hip -Hop and R&B and a lot of Nigerian music (e.g. Afrobeat genre-Fela) sometimes I listen to jazz and rock, but not as often. I also listen to a lot of underground Hip- Hop and mixtapes which tend to be lower bitrates so I what something that is "forgiving" of that. I like Bass but not an overwhelming amount. After looking through the forums here are a few that I think maybe I'll get.

ES7- A little expensive
XB300
Senn HD202- looks kind of ugly

thanks in advance for your time

Feb 3, 2010 at 3:58 PM Post #3 of 10
Try the Audio Technica ATH-FC700A: similar sound as the ES7 (little brighter, bit more bass detail), but cheaper and still flashy looking.

Feb 3, 2010 at 4:43 PM Post #4 of 10
I'm pretty new here, so I can't testify on the sound, but a XB500 is only $49.69 on amazon right now, and I'm sure it'll be a step up from the XB300. I put in my order a couple days ago xD

Feb 3, 2010 at 4:52 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by leokennis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Try the Audio Technica ATH-FC700A: similar sound as the ES7 (little brighter, bit more bass detail), but cheaper and still flashy looking.

I completely and utterly back this up. These sound good with pretty much any genre, but their big bass make them especially good for hippity hop. They're quite comfortable and are quite attractive, and come in a variety of colors. They're foldable as well, and come with an extension cable and carrying pouch. Impressive soundstage, great bass impact, and nice detail in all frequencies. Are sibilant at first, but burn in alleviates this. Very underrated cans.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/attach...1-16.41.13.jpg

http://www.topreviewshop.com/graphic...20Contents.jpg

Feb 3, 2010 at 8:07 PM Post #8 of 10
Feb 4, 2010 at 9:06 AM Post #9 of 10
Headphonedeals.org » Blog Archive » Audio Technica ATH-ON3 Review

fakeheadphones.com

The ATH-ON3's are an acquired taste. The sound, although good, is a thin as the headband. They’re not exactly good at blocking out any amount of ambient noise, and they o.k. At keeping sound in. The ON3's are.... lifestyle headphones at best. Trendy? Sure! Useful? ... not so much. You’re better of with a more traditional pair of portable phones.

Feb 5, 2010 at 1:19 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by captian73 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Headphonedeals.org » Blog Archive » Audio Technica ATH-ON3 Review

fakeheadphones.com

The ATH-ON3's are an acquired taste. The sound, although good, is a thin as the headband. They’re not exactly good at blocking out any amount of ambient noise, and they o.k. At keeping sound in. The ON3's are.... lifestyle headphones at best. Trendy? Sure! Useful? ... not so much. You’re better of with a more traditional pair of portable phones.

Thanks I saw people saying that the headband easily bent so that was kind of a minus. Anyway I just ordered a pair FC700a on Amazon thanks for all the help this will be my first audiophile/quality headphones (although I have two pairs of marshmallows and people on these forums seem to like them).
L3000.gif
floatsmile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back