Good quality MP3/FLAC audio player with AT A900 headphones
Jun 23, 2009 at 4:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Technex

100+ Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I'm looking for a really good quality MP3/FLAC audio player to use with my Audio Technica ATH-A900 closed headphones. I listen to metal and trance if that makes any difference.

I must admit I haven't looked lately but last time I looked I really liked the look of the iRiver Clix series.

I do not mind if it's quite large as it won't be moved around much or put into my pocket etc.

I have a limit of about £140 (~$230) as I don't have too much cash currently
frown.gif

Size from 5GB+. I don't really need any more than 10GB.

I am not interested in Apple or Sony players (just don't like them personally, don't want to cause any problems).

Thank you very much.

Jun 23, 2009 at 4:58 PM Post #2 of 6
How about the Cowon S9 or anything from Cowon? The 16gb S9 cost me 209 dollars off of amazon but their other players are around that price and support a lot of formats including FLAC.

Jun 23, 2009 at 5:07 PM Post #3 of 6
Wow, the Cowon S9 looks very nice, after reading a few Youtube comments it sounds like the sound quality is good but it has some UI bugs. Although Youtube comments are not the most reliable...!

Also while reading the comments I come across one about some MP3 players having Wi-Fi? Wow, didn't know that was possible. I guess that wouldn't be in my budget though.

Thanks for your comment.

Jun 23, 2009 at 5:08 PM Post #4 of 6
Sansa Fuze has good sound quality.

Jun 23, 2009 at 5:25 PM Post #5 of 6
The Cowon S9 is £170 for 8GB here in the UK
frown.gif
. A little bit over what I wanted to spend. Unless I can find it cheaper I think it's a little too much.

I was looking at the little Sansa clip ones but only go up to 2GB. Meant to have good sound but I was looking for some more storage and a better screen.

I don't really fancy the UI of the Sansa Fuze but it's good to hear that the sound quality is good.

Jun 23, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #6 of 6
I used a Cown D2 and it was good. This iPod sounds great, too. The A900s play pretty nicely with just about anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back