Good quality balanced cables?
Aug 11, 2020 at 6:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

kahagap

New Head-Fier
I've been looking for good quality dual 1/4 male to dual XLR male cables EVERYWHERE. All I can find is off brand cables of unknown quality on Amazon.

Can anyone recommend good quality cables (maybe more than one) with this type of dual connection on each end?

Aug 11, 2020 at 7:13 PM Post #2 of 5
Just use 2 singles.
1/4 balanced to XLR female patch cable is your friend
Make sure the 1/4 has the 2nd ring and you should be good to go.

I've ordered a ton from Amazon with no issues. Just read the reviews and sort by customer review rating.

Aug 18, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #5 of 5
Hi5

Let us know if your setup is off and running once you get the new cables installed.

Works great and the the Magnius gets every ounce of potential out of the 770 Pro's. However, I've noticed that the direct monitoring is harder to hear now.

I see the Magnius has an XLR port next to the headphone port and XLR outputs on the back as well. I still have the mic XLR cable plugged directly into the Focusrite 2i2. Is that correct using an amp like the Magnius? If it's not the cable set up, what else can I do to increase monitoring sound (much louder when only using the 2i2)? I already have the mic gain 3/4 of the way and turning it any higher causes background noise.

Some expertise around this would be great.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back