Good prices for quality Pure Silver Wire
Dec 8, 2003 at 11:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

itza2mer

500+ Head-Fier
I just bought some bare 99.999 24 ga. 5n pure silver wire from ebay seller oooh_my_god. He charged $8.00 for 5 feet, and he included for free some silver solder and clear teflon tubing. He charges .16 cents a foot if you want him to thread the silver wire in the teflon tubing, which I had him do. The wire arrived to me vacumn sealed, which is a plus. He sells silver wire in different guages, some cryo treated, and also sells premade IC's.

Here is a link the auction I bid on: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...gory=3284&rd=1

Dec 8, 2003 at 1:45 PM Post #2 of 6
That's a positive. I have bought 5N 29ga silver wire from him before and the sound is like he says: neutral. Not bright at all. =)

Dec 8, 2003 at 10:31 PM Post #5 of 6
Thanks for the great links
wink.gif

One thing to note: oooh_my_god sells 99.999% pure silver wire. A lot of the other sites, for example a-m systems and Homegrown Audio, sell 99.99% pure silver wire.

The question is: does it really make a major, minor, or no difference at all about the purity of the silver wire? I've read that dead soft 99.99% jewelers fine silver wire, after baking at 250-300 degrees in an oven, provides good results.

Dec 9, 2003 at 6:51 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally posted by itza2mer
The question is: does it really make a major, minor, or no difference at all about the purity of the silver wire?

It definately makes a difference in price, but other than that I'm not so sure
wink.gif

/U.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back