Good power cables?
Nov 11, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #16 of 34
Newark sells the Volex 17604 for $11.24 plus shipping. It's really hard to beat at that price.

Newark: Volex 17604

Nov 12, 2008 at 9:06 AM Post #18 of 34
If you don't need the plug, Volex 17616 is the other option. It cost even cheaper than 17604. I diy-ed 3 cables for my personal usage and it is currently serving my headamps and LCD TV well.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Newark sells the Volex 17604 for $11.24 plus shipping. It's really hard to beat at that price.

Newark: Volex 17604

Nov 17, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #23 of 34
I just made a power cable with Marinco IEC connectors and 12AWG shielded with cotton insulation. Listening to it now hooked up to the retooled Valve Code.
You could make this cable very easy for on the cheap. Have more bass and the mids are still to be judged a bit. The highs are doing OK. Need it to break in a bit before any serious listening.

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:57 AM Post #24 of 34
The Zu Birth keeps increasing price on ebay auctions
frown.gif

Look like I'll be happy with the Volex.

Nov 18, 2008 at 7:51 AM Post #25 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
frown.gif

Normally I wouldn't comment on someone wanting power cables but since your stuck on it why don't you contact the seller zu_promos and see if they will setup a Buy it now for you of two cables for 100 bucks? Then you can use the 25% off live rebate and walk away with what you want.

Nov 25, 2008 at 1:33 AM Post #27 of 34
Quote:

Haha, yeah I used to stuck on them but now I'm quite settled on the cheap ones. Volex is now my choice.

If you have not ordered already, I would definitely get the Volex cable from Newark.com, as they have the original ones in stock. Most of the online retailers I checked have the new Volex 17604 power cables which are made in China, instead of the older ones made in Mexico. The Mexican made cables are the ones getting favorable reviews. I have yet to see a review on the newer Chinese made ones.

Nov 25, 2008 at 3:18 AM Post #28 of 34
Quote:

frown.gif

I just picked up another Zu Birth for $48.50 shipped. That is a great price for a cable this good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back