Good Portable source for my MS-1
Oct 18, 2005 at 6:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

HeadLamp

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,
I have ordered an MS-1 which I am expecting to arrive in another 15 days.
Now I am looking for a good portable source. Currently I just have a $40 sony portable cdp but its not up to the mark. I have checked out Sony portables upto $120 but none of them seems to give me that audiophile grade sound which I am looking for or rather an MS-1 deserves. I checked out the Bose Triport setup, the headphone was average but the Bose portable player was very good, much better than a $120 sony. But sadly Bose doesn't sell their player seperately, its a package with the triport headphone (another one of their fatiguing marketing gimmicks). Now I need your help guys, help me in finding a good portable source, preferably a CDP. I am not very enthusiastic about mp3 players because I have noticed a lot of loss in music when converted from CD to mp3. The losses being mostly in the extreme frequencies. I know there are some better methods of conversion which would minimise the losses but still I dont want to compromise.

So basically my first prefrence is a good portable cdp. Again I am not going for an amp in the recent future. My budget would be around $200.
Kindly suggest a good detailed sounding portable source for my MS-1.

Oct 18, 2005 at 8:04 AM Post #2 of 2
Wrong forum.
smily_headphones1.gif

Otherwise, look for a iRiver cd player. I bought a Philips EXP5463. Quite good.
Look on Source forum, they all are looking for a Sony player, not new but still one of the best.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back