Good portable headphones to consider purchasing
Dec 3, 2009 at 3:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Die_Truant

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a good pair of headphones for around $100, any suggestions? I listen to a lot of acoustic music, instrumental music, and rock so i'm looking for a pair of phones that will give me a good overall balance for my musical tastes.

Dec 3, 2009 at 5:40 AM Post #2 of 3
Welcome to Head-Fi. When you say portable, do you mean truly portable, in that they fold and/or collapse into something small and stowable, or do you mean a smallish headphone that you could use on the go without an amp, even though it's not portable in the classic sense? Also, presumably you are looking for a closed headphone? Is comfort important to you? At around $100, I like the Denon AH-D1001, but they aren't portable in the classic sense. My current favorite though is the Sennheiser HD 448. It does not have a ton of bass though, if you are a bass lover.

Dec 3, 2009 at 6:23 AM Post #3 of 3
no they dont really have to be incredibly portable, for example i was looking at the sennheiser 555's and the audio technica ath ad700's, so no in a classical sense im not looking for something thats not going to be noticeable on my head, but rather im going for something over the ear (i find these the most comfortable), and for something that will be able to handle an array of different musical types.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back