Good portable headphones sold in Chile?
Jan 6, 2013 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Diplomacide

New Head-Fier
Hey guys.

I currently live in Chile and I'm in the market for a good pair of headphones I can use while at home and on the go. These last few years have been unfavourable for me, due to either terrible purchases or faulty phones (Curse you, Skullcandy. I should've listened to some of the reviews here.)
The kicker in all of this is that I have yet to find a good store that sells quality headphones here in Chile. Just yesterday I found a store about an hour away from my house that sells Grado and Fischer-brand headphones. I was meaning to get myself Grado SR60i's, but I've heard they leak a lot of sound and I don't really wanna bother my fellow bus commuters with my music. I then took a look at the Fischer FA-004 'phones and they seemed pretty neat, but I haven't really heard of the Fischer brand at all.
Would the Grados work for public listening? If not, could I get a few recommendations on any good Fischer cans? Finally, are there any Chileans here that know any good headphone dealers, preferably some that stock Audio-Technica's? A pair of ATH-M50's would probably be the best thing right now.

Thanks!

Jan 6, 2013 at 9:17 PM Post #2 of 3
You can find several recommendations (in spanish) here.

http://www.chw.net/foro/audio-y-reproductores-portatiles-f71/

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jan 25, 2013 at 9:10 AM Post #3 of 3
Good to know a fellow headfier in Chile. The store you mention must be mediaplayer . First thing first you need a closed-back headphone and I am sure ATH-M50 can be good but if I were you I'd get the SoundMagic HP-100 which is a fabulous closed portable can that is found much cheaper than the Audio technica's . Also there is a much more portable monitor at yamaimport (yamaha official importers) that I tried  myself which is worth their small price tag, they are about 50.000 clp (chilean pesos) I suggest you give them a try.

I'd also like to meet you for I have a very clear picture of chilean headphone market

Users who are viewing this thread

Back