Good places to buy up headphones in Manhattan?
May 13, 2004 at 7:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

drewday

New Head-Fier
Not sure if this is the right forum to post this in, but I want to pick up a set of ety er-4's and a pair of grado SR225's. J and R has the er-4's, but they're $300, I'd be willing to pay a slight premium over the prices online - but not an extra $100.

If I can't find anything by the end of the week I'll probably just end up ordering offline, but hey, I want satisfaction now!
smily_headphones1.gif

Can anyone help me out?

May 13, 2004 at 12:30 PM Post #2 of 4
You can get ER-4s for $250 at Custom Earsets (http://www.customearsets.com/) on 30th bet. 7th & 8th. Since you are buying from them they will mold you a pair of custom earsets for only $30 additional. That's a good deal. They charged me $100 for a custom earset for my E3s that I bought online, but they don't carry Shure.

I know that Harvey Electronics carries the Grado line and some Senns. Midtown (your best bet) - 45th bet. 5th & 6th. Downtown - Broadway & 19th (inside ABC Carpet & Home). No matter where you go, prices don't seem to vary too much for Grados.

May 13, 2004 at 1:19 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by kylerk
You can get ER-4s for $250 at Custom Earsets (http://www.customearsets.com/) on 30th bet. 7th & 8th. Since you are buying from them they will mold you a pair of custom earsets for only $30 additional. That's a good deal. They charged me $100 for a custom earset for my E3s that I bought online, but they don't carry Shure.

I know that Harvey Electronics carries the Grado line and some Senns. Midtown (your best bet) - 45th bet. 5th & 6th. Downtown - Broadway & 19th (inside ABC Carpet & Home). No matter where you go, prices don't seem to vary too much for Grados.

Thanks, I'm on 12th and 3rd - walking distance from ABC Carpet so I'll check it out. Also I'm definetly going to go for the er-4s with the custom earsets.
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back