Good place to buy SlimX?
Nov 29, 2003 at 12:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

SpoonMan

100+ Head-Fier
A friend of mine is interested in purchasing an iRiver slimX (the iMP-350) and I'm tryin to find not only a good price on one, but also a site that ships to Canada (preferably one that doesn't take 3 weeks to do so) any help would be appreciated.

Nov 29, 2003 at 12:53 AM Post #2 of 12
newegg.com have it for $109 and free shipping, but include tax for canada, i'm always satisfied with their shipping. amazon.com does ship it to canada too, and their price is $10 cheaper.
get your butt on aol so we can discuss this issue
wink.gif

Nov 29, 2003 at 1:03 AM Post #3 of 12
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm actually looking for a good store too.. not online though. I wouldn't want to have to ship it
back to the US if I had any problems with it and whatnot. Even stupid BestBuy don't carry them
here (I know they got it in the US, at least on their website). Anybody know if I could like, ask
them to order some for me or something? Maybe they have some sort of policy I'm not aware of..?

Nov 29, 2003 at 1:11 AM Post #4 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by JiPi
Anybody know if I could like, ask
them to order some for me or something? Maybe they have some sort of policy I'm not aware of..?

it might worth a try.

Nov 30, 2003 at 3:33 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by terrymx
newegg.com have it for $109 and free shipping, but include tax for canada, i'm always satisfied with their shipping. amazon.com does ship it to canada too, and their price is $10 cheaper.
get your butt on aol so we can discuss this issue
wink.gif

Eh, do you have preferences between those two sites? Because it looks like I'll have to go with
online shopping, stupid BestBuy is, well, stupid!
mad.gif

If so, tell me the pros and cons of each shop, to see which one would suit me better. Thanks a lot
biggrin.gif

Nov 30, 2003 at 4:02 AM Post #7 of 12
Where do you live exactly?

If you're close to the border, you can find a receiving company that's in a city close to where you live, ship it there, and just go down there and pick it up.

I'm not sure what will happen at the border though...

Nov 30, 2003 at 6:37 PM Post #10 of 12
I ordered my iMP-400 from amazon.com. I used the link from this site, so that Head-Fi gets a little something out of it too. Just a thought....
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2003 at 7:14 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally posted by SpoonMan
Nova Scotia....not that close to the border.

I replied to your other thread.

Nova Scotia, eh... Well Canada Computers should still be able to ship one to you if you order via their website . There's a sale on the models under the 550.

The 350 is $165 C$ (about $125 US$).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back