Good place for album artwork
May 28, 2009 at 3:48 AM Post #17 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ham Sandwich /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wish Amazon would take more care with the quality of cover art images they have, especially for their MP3 downloads. The quality of cover art varies. Sometimes I think it must have been scanned by someone who knows nothing about what they are doing and doesn't even care. Color balance can be completely wrong, no effort to clean up or post process, blurry images, descreening artifacts, etc.

Amazon's album covers look ok on the website but man does it look blurry on my iPOD Touch! I can always tell when I have an album cover that was obtained from itunes vs from amazon.

Jun 20, 2009 at 2:45 PM Post #18 of 24
Few more places worth to try:

Cdcovers.cc

CoverTarget

eil.com

L3000.gif

Jun 20, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #19 of 24
I use a program called FixTunes (FixTunes - Fix Your MP3 Tags and Names, Add Album Art and Remove Duplicates). Keep itunes open and run this program and it can automatically find album art, fix meta data etc. I usually run 'Get Album art' in itunes after this program has run to get artwork for the meta data corrected ones also. Limited free trial after which you have to buy the program.

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:45 PM Post #22 of 24
AlbumArtExchange.com now has almost 95,000 covers and will hit the 100,000 mark by the end of July.  I think that when you originally wrote that, there were probably only 35,000 covers there.

Jun 18, 2010 at 12:49 PM Post #23 of 24

The problem with AAD is that most of the sites that it has full access to get their images from Amazon and it doesn't work with AlbumArtExchange or AllCDCovers.

Quote:
CD/Album Artwork

Probably the best you'll find, although a fairly limited selection.

If you use the following program, you can set your minimum pix size and it will pull artwork from the above site. The program is:
SourceForge.net: Album Art Downloader: Downloading ...

Quote:
This program scans a BUNCH of sites for art work and it can integrate with Foobar. Pretty much it digs up whatever is out there.

SourceForge.net: Album Art Downloader

Users who are viewing this thread

Back