Good PC speakers with lots of low end?
Jul 8, 2011 at 1:29 PM Post #17 of 20
Best bet go for the Corsair SP2500...Great reviews if you google.

Bought a set for my wife's comp and she loves it.  I know I want one, but already have Z-5500 set.  I know you're not looking for 5.1 but it might be a possibility.  My friend, he bought a set after he heard mine and use them for his music room.

Jul 8, 2011 at 1:55 PM Post #18 of 20
Quote:
Well the OP IS looking for a computer 2.1 system. 

It really depends on the user's definition of a "boomy and muddy" subwoofer.

For a PC speaker setup, the OP wants room vibrating bass. Currently my Z680 doesn't shake only but my room, but also the entire house. It's shaken the front porch door before.
As a Logitech system, I'm pretty sure you would find the Z680 sub to be boomy and muddy as well.

I'm just trying to elaborate here that I personally don't think the OP cares about the quality of the bass so much, as long as it'll shake the walls, it'll be a good candidate. 

I suggested better alternatives than the logitech, the edifier sets can still shake walls but don't sound like complete crap.

Jul 8, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #19 of 20
+1

Just bought this same setup (ST not STX though) for $280 out the door. Both were open box items, and were in perfect condition when I took them out of the box. I was looking for lots of bass, and this setup delivered.

This marked my entry into quality audio gear, as my previous setup was onboard + some ancient logitech 5.1.

+1

For the love of all things holy get these speakers. I have these setup in my room also and man does it shake things around. Originally it was hooked up to the creative xtremeaudio sound card and would shake my bathroom door, the glass in my sports memorabilia case, and also the window on our porch!

Now my SC just burned out and it looks like my next paycheck will be going towards an Asus or HT Omega card :cool: honestly when it burned out I was actually happy since it gives me an excuse to get a new expensive card haha. Getting to the point, the klipsch promedia are an awesome set of speakers and definitely will not disappoint.

When I tried them out at the bestbuy they didn't exactly sound the greatest (but then again think about how many other people have tried and basically blown them out haha) but I didn't care because all of the reviews I read on it were all solid so I bought them anyway and as soon as I got home I was blown away. Oh yeah these do take some time to break in. About 20 hours but it'll blow by as you enjoy these speakers. I digress..... Buy these speakers! Haha

edit: The sound quality on this set is also very nice, thought Id mention that haha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back