Good pair of on-ears for under $150
Nov 26, 2012 at 1:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sn0wday

New Head-Fier
So my cousin hit me up asking about what a good pair of headphones for christmas would be. Last summer I educated her about dre-beats and whatnot, that you really not getting what you pay for.

She wants a pair of on-ears, so like dre-beat size (I dunno I don't own any on ears haha), and no more than $150.

Now, I personally use ATH-M50 for mixing and producing, and I know they're awesome but A. they're bigger than what she wants and they're monitors. I'm positive there is a difference between headphones for listening to music, and monitors to hear a true sound for more technical stuff.

Any suggestions to look at? Consider things like comfort, size, durability, and I know it sounds silly but she wants something that looks nice (I think most headphones look good, no real ugly ones), she listens to a lot of house music so good mids/high and impactful bass, throwing out the extra cash for super deep bass clarity probably isn't necessary.

Thanks! Always can rely on you guys as the most knowledgable.

Nov 26, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #2 of 3
Something like V-MODA M80 may work nicely in your situation. Very stylish, popular Head-Fi on ear headphone.

(Link only for picture purposes)

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=vmoda+m80

Users who are viewing this thread

Back