Good pair of Earbuds under $200?
May 17, 2009 at 5:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

audi0phile

New Head-Fier
I'm lookin to buy an in-canal headphone under $200. ne suggestions ?

I've gone thru reviews of -
UE super.fi 5 pro
shure E3c
westone um1
jays q-jays

but not sure. i want something that isolates sound, is comfortable, has a nice bass n depth in sound.

May 17, 2009 at 6:15 AM Post #4 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Depends. What musical genres do you like. What experience do you have in headphones.. like what have you tried before? What did/didn't you like about them, etc?

No, I havent tried ne. I'm not that particular about genre. I like the beats and stuff, die to hear the clarity and depth the small notes and surround sound effect

May 17, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #5 of 20
Do you consider earbuds? PK1 would be my recommendation, will scale huge by an amp though.
Good for almost all genres. Deep and clean bass, little laidback, not aggressive, high little rolled off depends amp, great soundstage.
forgot to add, it is earbud that so isolation is not its strength

May 17, 2009 at 6:28 AM Post #6 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by soidera /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you consider earbuds? PK1 would be my recommendation, will scale huge by an amp though.
Good for almost all genres. Deep and clean bass, little laidback, not aggressive, high little rolled off depends amp, great soundstage.
forgot to add, it is earbud that so isolation is not its strength

not a fan of earbuds; sound isolation is a problem.

May 17, 2009 at 6:37 AM Post #8 of 20
In that price range I would take a look at the ER4P, Phonak Audeo PFE's, Monster Turbines, Atrio M5 and Sennheiser IE7.

The ER4P and PFE's are widely considered to be the most "detail oriented" among the ones mentioned.

The Turbines, Atrio M5 and Sennheiser IE7 are known primarily for their bass prowess.

May 17, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #10 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zalithian /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In that price range I would take a look at the ER4P, Phonak Audeo PFE's, Monster Turbines, Atrio M5 and Sennheiser IE7.

The ER4P and PFE's are widely considered to be the most "detail oriented" among the ones mentioned.

The Turbines, Atrio M5 and Sennheiser IE7 are known primarily for their bass prowess.

thanks. any thoughts on jays q-jays or Ultimate ears super.fi 5 pro ?
are sennheiser comfortable in the sense of fit etc.

May 17, 2009 at 6:54 AM Post #12 of 20
Don't know much about the Q-Jays or SF5 Pro.

I've only heard what's listed in my sig, but read a bit about the stuff I've recommended to you.

I find the IE8's comfortable, and the IE7's should be similar. They can be difficult to find a good fit with though as they have a big nozzle and aren't deep insertion. Isolation isn't their strong suit either, at least not without doing some sort of tip mod.

May 17, 2009 at 8:28 AM Post #13 of 20
I've got the new UE700's and they sound very good to my ears. They were a little more then $200 though.

May 21, 2009 at 6:16 AM Post #14 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by emann /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've got the new UE700's and they sound very good to my ears. They were a little more then $200 though.

I fear the UEs they seem to pop out a bit off ears.

May 21, 2009 at 5:21 PM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by audi0phile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I fear the UEs they seem to pop out a bit off ears.

What does that mean??? If you're referring to the size these things are tiny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back