Good over-the-ear headphones (possibly circumaural) for a 10 year old
Nov 16, 2013 at 4:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

marsbound2024

New Head-Fier
Christmas is coming up and I am looking for a relatively inexpensive (less than $100) pair of headphones for my 10-year old nephew.  He didn't like the Beats Solo (not that I blame him) because they were too small.  It seems that he is wanting circumaural headphones from everything that he is describing.  I thought about Sennheiser HD429 as a good beginner set, but I am not sure if they will be too big for him and not sure how adjustable headphones like that are.  He already plays Xbox with Turtle Beach headsets (X12s) and seems to enjoy them, but we need something for his iPod/iPad that wouldn't require (or recommend, anyway) an amp like the FiiO.  I initially steered toward the a set of Grados, but since he thought the Beats Solos were too small, I decided against it.  As far as sound isolation goes, I think his mother wouldn't want to be able to hear every single thing, but some leakage wouldn't be a problem.

Any ideas on a good set of headphones under $100--possibly circumaural--for a kid the age of 10?  Thanks!

Nov 16, 2013 at 4:52 PM Post #2 of 4
CAL! perhaps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back