good online vendors
Jan 1, 2002 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

kpxgq

New Head-Fier
any suggestions for online vendors of headphones???

i came across avpronet.com and they had some great prices for sony and sennheiser, any other places?

Jan 1, 2002 at 3:01 AM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer
ebay...

tell me your kidding...

i just saw some hd 495s on ebay for like $70 and you dont even know how long theyve been used or crapped on.... u can get the same ones brand new at headroom for $59

Jan 1, 2002 at 4:11 AM Post #6 of 9
Headroom are the guys with the answers. As far as headphones go, theyare the ones. Unless you want Sony's. I have always got great service from them. Otherwise always try to support your local HiFi shop. It is nice to go into a shop listen to something and say yeah it sounds great or it sucks. Tough in the headphone scene. Slight rant, sorry.

Lextek
rolleyes.gif

Happy New year

Jan 1, 2002 at 4:25 AM Post #7 of 9
Although I haven't bought headphones from him, Jan Meier of Meier-Audio.com has been excellent. I've bought a couple of amps from him.

The only complaint (from my perspective) is he is in Germany so it takes a while for delivery (about 2 weeks to the US). However, his prices on Sennheiser's can't be beat unless you're talking used. Even then I think his new ones would compete! ($220 for HD600s new).

Headroom has a lot of great reviews and they hang out here as does Jan. Doubt you could go wrong with either of them.

I just bought a pair of AKG K-501s from musiciansfriend.com while they were on sale. I would recommend them but they don't carry much in the way of good headphones. The 501s and the MDR-7506 is probably the majority of thier good headphone stock.

Now that the 501s aren't on sale there anymore, I'd get them from headroom.

Jan 4, 2002 at 5:03 PM Post #9 of 9
Yes. To pay the Post Office here in the US will be more than happy to take your cash plus they even charge you for the honor.

I'm sure the same holes true in Singapore.

Even after these charges his prices on Sennheisers can't be beaten with a 2" piece of licorice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back