Good On/In Ear Phones Under $50
Nov 19, 2010 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jreme

New Head-Fier
Hey, I'm relatively new to head-fi and wanted to hear some opinions on what I should do about my next headphone purchase..
I currently own Skullcandy Ink'd (decent sound quality at best. Quite uncomfortable.)
And JVC Flats (Amazing value, great sound quality for the 19 bucks I payed for em. Only start to becme uncomfortable after an hour or so.)
I was looking at buying some headphones for under $50. I originally looked at PortaPros but they sell about 30 dollars more expensive in Canada, bringing to around 68 dollars with taxes. I also am looking at Sony's Piiq line, at both the 30 and 50 dollar headphones. Unfortunately I have heard mixed reviews about them. Do you guys have any suggestions for good phones that can be bought easily in Canada under $50? Thanks a lot.

Nov 20, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #2 of 9
Having everything in the sub $50 range is kind of a small range. I didn't like a lot of the sub $50 range IEM's. Especially the last set (which was actually SkullCandy Ink'd). I don't think I can ever go back to them. Anyways. The Ink'd set was pretty decent. If you get the Comply Tips for them they work pretty well and fit snug. I've worn worse. If you're willing to dish out a couple more bucks, I know the Monster Turbines were on sale today (11/19/2010) on amazon for $58USD. If you expand it a little more you can also get the Klipsch S4 which is actually REALLY decent. If you search hard enough you probably can get those for $60USD. But def need to do a little research. So personally if you are looking for decent pair of $50 dollar headphones invest in a set of comply foams until you can break out of that price range. Other individuals probably think otherwise, however, I haven't been in the game long enough to make that judgment...

Nov 20, 2010 at 3:31 AM Post #3 of 9
For on ear headphone under 50 bucks, most might recomend Koss Portapro, and if you get them at Best Buy they'll come with cloth covered cables so they won't tangle as easy. Others would recomend the KSC 75s by Koss, fifteen bucks for awesome sound that clip on your ears. I have PortaPros and KSC35s which have the same exact drivers, and I think they're great, though if I'm going to keep them on for more than an hour I prefer the PortaPros as the ear clip phones start getting uncomfortable.

Nov 20, 2010 at 11:46 AM Post #6 of 9
@bikertrash PortaPros are around 60-70 dollars here in Canada, including taxes :frowning2: However i'm going to Buffalo over the Winter Break, so are their any good in/on ear headphones for around $50 or under that can be found at a big-box store like Best Buy? In Canada, BB has pretty horrible selection imo.

Nov 20, 2010 at 3:11 PM Post #7 of 9
Best Buy sells the Portapro, their versoin is all black with a cloth covered cable that doesn't tangle. It's on sale for 29.95 American. You'll like them and they keep getting better the more you use them.
Make sure you let us know what  you end up getting and how you like them.

Nov 20, 2010 at 9:25 PM Post #9 of 9

Quote:
Best Buy sells the Portapro, their versoin is all black with a cloth covered cable that doesn't tangle. It's on sale for 29.95 American. You'll like them and they keep getting better the more you use them.
Make sure you let us know what  you end up getting and how you like them.

again, I LIVE IN CANADA! I don't have access to this. In Canada Best Buy doesn't sell PortaPros. I know, what hell. Any other suggestions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back