good old CD gets a facelift: Blu-spec CD
Nov 6, 2008 at 10:12 AM Post #2 of 7
I wonder if the new Blu-Ray machines will be able to read these new titles properly. If people need a new machine to listen to this technology I think it will fail pretty quick.

Nov 6, 2008 at 11:15 AM Post #3 of 7
No no, it can be read by normal red book cd players, that's the beauty of it. It's just that the master is burned by a blue laser (more precise) instead of a red, resulting in less reading errors I think. I don't know how it's supposed to affect the sound quality though.

Nov 6, 2008 at 2:26 PM Post #5 of 7
All I can think of.... is ... LOL!

I did not read the link, but if Harry Tuttle's description is correct, then it's just a marketing gimmick.....

The only thing that is going to give high quality sound is to produce mixes that do not compress every track of modern music to hell and back..... but almost no record company seems to give a crap about that.... as they would rather give us releases that sound best on $40 Boom Boxes from Wal-Mart. Which makes no sense when you think about it. Why would you optimize sound quality for someone who obviously does not give a sh_t about it in the first place (otherwise they would not be playing it over a $40 piece of crap boom box or $10 ear buds....)? So, by destroying(compressing/clipping to hell and back as I like to coin today's music productions) the tracks to sound 10% better on a Wal-Mart boom box, they music sounds 1000% worse on a real hi-fi rig..... yeah, that makes sense......

Chris

Users who are viewing this thread

Back