Good news from Suny Europe !
Jan 6, 2010 at 7:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

komi

The WALKMAN® NWZ-A845 Video MP3 Player with 16GB storage capacity is available from February 2010.

Sony-A845-Walkman_1.jpg

More info: Sony Europe Press Releases

Jan 6, 2010 at 7:58 PM Post #2 of 17
That was already reported in this topic yesterday: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/ne...0/index12.html

It's really a shame that Europe doesn't get the 32gb and especially the 64GB versions. I don't know what the strategy of Sony is. Don't they want to compete with Apple? Or at least give it their best shot?

Jan 6, 2010 at 8:37 PM Post #5 of 17
Worse, any idea why the MDR V6 is still being sold in the U.S. and in Europe not?

I was lucky to find a second hand MDR V6 in the Netherlands. Thank heavens there is such a website as ebay.

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:50 PM Post #6 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deep Funk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Worse, any idea why the MDR V6 is still being sold in the U.S. and in Europe not?

I was lucky to find a second hand MDR V6 in the Netherlands. Thank heavens there is such a website as ebay.

Hum, dunno anything about Sony sale plans and strategy, but - is MDR V6 something special we should be worried there is no that particular model in Europe ?

Jan 6, 2010 at 9:59 PM Post #7 of 17
i can say that, Sony always sell the best quality products in Japan only (this is fact).
All other versions are kind of watered down. (Not even Sony Hong Kong sells the JP's quality products...)

Jan 6, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #8 of 17
The Sony MDR V6 is something of a classic. They have new replacement models, but I doubt if they are worth it. Why buy a MDR V700 when you can have a MDR V6 for less even if you have to import it? It doesn't make sense to me.

Jan 7, 2010 at 7:12 PM Post #9 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by LewLewZ /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i can say that, Sony always sell the best quality products in Japan only (this is fact).
All other versions are kind of watered down. (Not even Sony Hong Kong sells the JP's quality products...)

Come on, don't rain on our suny parade. We got... most parts of X series, you are right, watered down version. It's suddenly raining out there.

Jan 7, 2010 at 7:37 PM Post #11 of 17
Jan 8, 2010 at 12:29 PM Post #12 of 17
Too bad shipping is to the UK and Ireland. I had a hard time finding my V6-es on the continent. For some reason I couldn't find dealers/retailers in the Netherlands selling MDR V6-es. I asked a specialized Sony Dealer in Amsterdam, no results.

I was lucky to find my pair of V6-es via the Dutch version of ebay.

Jan 9, 2010 at 3:01 PM Post #14 of 17
Check ebay or the for sale sections. Maybe you can pick one up via a holiday in Asia or someone (Asian) with connections. At least in Spain some products are introduced earlier than in the Netherlands.

Jan 9, 2010 at 3:05 PM Post #15 of 17
Bah... I want the 32!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back