Good new headphone/IEM under 100?
Jan 16, 2011 at 12:41 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

iRemember

New Head-Fier
Hey! After lurking without an account quite some time, I've finally made an account to ask questions.
I'm looking for a new pair of IEM/headphones.
So far, I've been looking at Sennheiser HD 218/228, PMX60 and PX200II.
you'll notice how all of them are sennheisers, that's because I buy from local retail stores, and most of them don't carry brands like nu force, kipstich and such.

Anyhow, how are the 218s compared to the 228s?
Is px200ii better than the 218/228 when it comes to SQ and portability?
or should I get pmx60 instead of headphones.

I should mention i have never used a headphone before, and only used IEMs, so I have no idea what to expect out of a headphone.

thanks in advance.

EDIT: I listen to trance, rock, classic, pop, r&b, and sometimes a bit of rap.
I'll be using these at home, unless they are earbuds.

Jan 17, 2011 at 5:45 AM Post #2 of 8
First of all most of us here buy gear online as it is cheaper to do so and there is more variety to choose from. The Audio Technica M50 and the Fischer Audio Eternas are often recommended around here for people seeking a bassy sound under 100 dollars. You must consider the costs in terms of isolation and portability before deciding whether you want IEMs or headphones. 

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:47 AM Post #4 of 8

Quote:
Hey! After lurking without an account quite some time, I've finally made an account to ask questions.
I'm looking for a new pair of IEM/headphones.
So far, I've been looking at Sennheiser HD 218/228, PMX60 and PX200II.
you'll notice how all of them are sennheisers, that's because I buy from local retail stores, and most of them don't carry brands like nu force, kipstich and such.

Anyhow, how are the 218s compared to the 228s?
Is px200ii better than the 218/228 when it comes to SQ and portability?
or should I get pmx60 instead of headphones.

I should mention i have never used a headphone before, and only used IEMs, so I have no idea what to expect out of a headphone.

thanks in advance.

EDIT: I listen to trance, rock, classic, pop, r&b, and sometimes a bit of rap.
I'll be using these at home, unless they are earbuds.

unless you can get the PX200 on discount (well, you can ATM, electronics-expo.com w/ the coupon code techbargains) I would say they aren't worth the asking price of admission. $89.99 is a lot to ask for a phone that sounds slightly worse than the PX100

Jan 17, 2011 at 11:00 AM Post #5 of 8
RE-0 costs only $29 now..well rated. I luv Re-Zeros. They are $79 + shipping now.

Jan 17, 2011 at 11:03 AM Post #6 of 8
Jan 17, 2011 at 11:10 AM Post #8 of 8
Oh yea, that's probably it. I have some RE0s FS and was about to say what?? Haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back