Good neutral buds?
Mar 10, 2009 at 8:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

KONAKONA

Banned
A friend of mine wants some smaller headphones, and since he doesn't like IEMs (the insertion and all) the only thing I can think of is a good bud.

He wants something neutral, balanced and all that, good SQ as well (or at least the best SQ you can get in this range). They will be used without amplification directly out of a iaudio u5 and possibly a laptop as well.

Max price is 100$, and cheaper is better. So far the only thing I could find is the yuin pk2, but then again I haven't done all that much research yet.

Mar 10, 2009 at 9:06 AM Post #2 of 8
since he doesn't like IEM's, i think everyone will tell you to get the PK3

.. and i agree, just received mine and they're simply amazing! all the praise i've been reading was absolutely true.. im very satisfied

Mar 10, 2009 at 11:43 AM Post #3 of 8
In terms of neutrality, PK2 is better than PK3. However, if you can spring for a bit more, PK1 is supposedly a vast improvement on both while retaining that neutrality.

Mar 10, 2009 at 9:01 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In terms of neutrality, PK2 is better than PK3. However, if you can spring for a bit more, PK1 is supposedly a vast improvement on both while retaining that neutrality.

I heard the PK1 doesn't do to well without a amp, and the things allready quite pricey at that.

So I should go for the PK2s?

Mar 10, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #5 of 8
I'm not sure about a player with less power but as for my Zune it did drive the PK1's alright, but yeah without an amp, it is not nearly worth the price it costs.

I'd say go for the PK2's, I haven't personally heard them, but I'm sure they're fine.

Mar 10, 2009 at 11:45 PM Post #6 of 8
pk2 is supposedly more balanced than pk3. you can't really go wrong with them.

Mar 11, 2009 at 12:20 AM Post #7 of 8
For earbuds, anything by Yuin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back