Good Music = The Dead Kennedys
Jul 5, 2005 at 8:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Asterix

Banned
Jello Biafra for president!

I just bought 'Give me Convenience or Give me Death' today and listened to it for the first time in 10 years, and I loved every minute of it!

Jul 5, 2005 at 9:45 PM Post #3 of 8
I love that comp, it's a real blast from start to finish. (BTW, there's a remastered version that sounds pretty good given quality of original recordings).

Jul 5, 2005 at 11:56 PM Post #4 of 8
FRESH FRUIT FOR ROTTING VEGETABLES was my first punk album. Blue vinyl.. still got it. It's my co-first punk album, the other one was Black Flag's MY WAR. Talk about a life-changing trip to the record store...

-jar

Jul 6, 2005 at 3:31 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Masonjar
FRESH FRUIT FOR ROTTING VEGETABLES was my first punk album. Blue vinyl.. still got it. It's my co-first punk album, the other one was Black Flag's MY WAR. Talk about a life-changing trip to the record store...

-jar

Nice--for me, it was My War and DK's single of Halloween--total life-changing event. Just picked them up randomly in 8th grade at the mall b/c we were sick of all the other music in the 80s. I remember we couldn't figure out what speed to play the record at--the B side of Halloween (Saturday Night Holocaust, I think) seemed just too damn fast. It was great. Henry Rollins screaming on "My War" really got me too.

Jul 6, 2005 at 9:07 AM Post #8 of 8
'pull my strings' is one of my all-time favorite songs...
whenever i hear mainstream radio or see mtv, those lyrics pop up...

"Is my **** big enough
Is my brain small enough
For you to make me a star
Give me a toot, I'll sell you my soul
Pull my strings and I'll go far"

i don't hold with censoring myself or others, so mods, feel free
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back