Good morning, need help looking to replace my akg K77 =3
Feb 9, 2015 at 10:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Zachary90

New Head-Fier
Good day to all, I know this is my first post here, but I was browsing this forum researching about the akg k77 way back in 2011.
The headphones are still in good working condition, but am hoping to have a little upgrade, sorta as a treat to my ears.
I can catch and relate to most of the terms used but am still no where near an audiophile level enthusiast. Usually use it for light gaming(dont really need a mic) but mostly to listen to music during my free time in my room, Currently I don't have an amplifier.
So that is a little bit of a background where I am coming from.

For the sound performance the akg k77 is great. But comparing to my younger brother hyper cloud x, k77 seems lighter in terms of bass and for me i felt like the musical instrument were not that pronounced. It feels nice to just sit back and relax and listen to music with every instrument standing out.
Hardware wise I was just hoping for a more comfortable cushions. It was light enough and as a closed back headphone, the warmth comes with it. No complains there.

I know that the akg and hypercloud x are on different levels, price range wise is already an indicator. Just telling to let you guys know where I am coming from and hopefully help you guys to suggest to me something better. Hate to go for a new pair which is inferior.

Now comes to price wise, I have a job now so I am willing to spend a bit more that when I bought the k77. Maybe double that price range? 100 usd seems like a comfortable range.
Am not aiming for the stars, just something you guys know will be noticeably better than the k77.
It is a service you guys give out for free so I aint demanding any, but am honestly looking for opinions. Help a brother out would ya =)

Feb 13, 2015 at 1:36 PM Post #4 of 5
Well, hypercloud is a step up, but are there like any different ones?
My reasoning is that I am better off getting something a bit different so then we wont have 2 hyper clouds in the same house.

Plus recommend away, no matter brand or type. In the end I will go to the shop to test it out first before purchase. As long you feel that it is great and near or exceed a little the 100 dollar mark.
If indeed the hyper cloud trumps all the others then I will go for it =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back