Good microphone less than $200
Feb 27, 2008 at 4:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

HiWire

Headphoneus Supremus
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a general microphone for voice (singing) and acoustic instruments (e.g. violin, piano, acoustic guitar)... any ideas. A lot of the cool mics I'm seeing seem to be several thousand dollars - are there good mics for less? I'll most likely be plugging the mic into PC equipment, so a mini jack is the primary connection (for now).

Thanks

Feb 27, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #2 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiWire /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys,

I'm looking for a general microphone for voice (singing) and acoustic instruments (e.g. violin, piano, acoustic guitar)... any ideas. A lot of the cool mics I'm seeing seem to be several thousand dollars - are there good mics for less? I'll most likely be plugging the mic into PC equipment, so a mini jack is the primary connection (for now).

Thanks

You are not going to get any quality without using some kind of a preamp for your mic, so you might as well skip the mini-jack. One of the best cheap microphones on the market is Shure SM57 (studio grade mic, around 100 bucks). Just pay the other 100 bucks to get a preamp, xlr cable to connect mic to preamp, and whatever cable necessary to connect to your audiocard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back