Good microphone for headphones + mic combo
Aug 3, 2014 at 8:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Aerione

New Head-Fier
Hello folks,

My Plantronics Gamecom 780 is nearing the end of its lifetime after 2,5 years of usage and I'm currently looking for replacements to fulfill its audio + microphone duty. I was thinking that I might as well use this chance to ditch the "gaming headsets" in order to pursue something with more focus on the actual audio performance, in which I believe the dedicated products will be superior at. 

However, I'm also on a tight budget, so I decided to settle with what I think is the best option for a multimedia performer at <50 USD, the Superlux HD668B. Since the product lacks a microphone, I'd also need to look for one, as I do alot of Skype/Mumble/Teamspeak and being without a microphone is simply not an option. 
So, my question is, can I get something that can perform on the same level as the Gamecom 780 mic(which was really great with its noise-cancellation), for an affordable price?
Optimally, I'd also like the mic to have a dedicated mute button.
The Antlion Modmic seems like an ingenious design that fits my need, but it's also way too expensive for me, so I was hoping to find a cheaper option.

Aug 4, 2014 at 4:03 AM Post #2 of 2
I've tried a variety of cheap desktop mics made by Logitech and Microsoft. USB ones and 3.5mm ones. I've also tried the Zalman clip on mic. None of these can touch the quality of the Modmic. It's just so close to your mouth, the sound level of your voice to background noise ratio is just unbeatable.

The Zalman could work for you if you budget is indeed that tight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back