Good low impedance IEM amp without battery and without dac please !
Jun 20, 2013 at 6:21 PM Post #2 of 17
Well, you're going to need a battery inside, the amp won't do much without one, won't be able to operate. This has low output impedance and measures well runs for 80 hours on a charge.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review

Jun 21, 2013 at 1:00 PM Post #3 of 17
Quote:
Well, you're going to need a battery inside, the amp won't do much without one, won't be able to operate. This has low output impedance and measures well runs for 80 hours on a charge.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/644363/c-c-bh-portable-headphone-amp-80-hours-from-a-single-charge-buyer-review

Hello
Why should i use a battery... some good soundcards have no hiss with iems.

WHY HEADPHONES AMPS CAN'T ?

confused_face_2.gif
 They only sell crap ?

Jun 21, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #8 of 17
Wait, are you looking for a low output impedance portable/small amplifier for IEM's that can run from the powerline/outlet for home use?

Jun 22, 2013 at 2:46 AM Post #9 of 17
What... Is the point? What DAC are you using? Where are you using it? PC? I just don't understand the specificness of your request - like why you don't want a DAC portion or why it MUST be plugged in. From what I have read, the C&C BH has an astronomical battery life. If you can remember to switch off a light or the stove or anything really, you can remember to turn off an amp. Seriously. If you can manage to plug in a cell phone to charge when necessary (these days, every day), you can charge an amp every week or so, if not even longer. You do realise 80 hours is the equivalent of 3.3 continuous days' running, right? If you can take the monumental effort to turn the thing off every day, it should last you ten days if you listen for 8 hours a day, which is actually rather a lot and most people don't listen to music for that long.

Even better, you can use a portable amp on the move, which matches the very nature of your IEMs perfectly! Or you can sit down. Anywhere you want. At the park or the zoo. When you go on holiday. Not just in a room at home. Doesn't that appeal to you in the slightest?

Come on, man. You can do this.

Jun 22, 2013 at 4:45 AM Post #11 of 17
Quote:
What... Is the point? What DAC are you using? Where are you using it? PC? I just don't understand the specificness of your request - like why you don't want a DAC portion or why it MUST be plugged in. From what I have read, the C&C BH has an astronomical battery life. If you can remember to switch off a light or the stove or anything really, you can remember to turn off an amp. Seriously. If you can manage to plug in a cell phone to charge when necessary (these days, every day), you can charge an amp every week or so, if not even longer. You do realise 80 hours is the equivalent of 3.3 continuous days' running, right? If you can take the monumental effort to turn the thing off every day, it should last you ten days if you listen for 8 hours a day, which is actually rather a lot and most people don't listen to music for that long.

Even better, you can use a portable amp on the move, which matches the very nature of your IEMs perfectly! Or you can sit down. Anywhere you want. At the park or the zoo. When you go on holiday. Not just in a room at home. Doesn't that appeal to you in the slightest?

Come on, man. You can do this.

Objective DAC on a PC with an low output impedance amplifier for IEM's that can run from the powerline/outlet for home use !

I want an amp that i have only switch on to use and off when i d'ont
rolleyes.gif

Yes, i know that i'm a little bit strange
wink_face.gif

Jun 22, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #12 of 17
Wait, are you looking for a low output impedance portable/small amplifier for IEM's that can run from the powerline/outlet for home use

Yes :etysmile:

Ok cool. I just got a Meier Corda QuickStep for a similar purpose which is a portable amp that can bypass the 9v battery and run off of outlet power but would still let me take it on the go if I needed. It's hiss-free at regular listening volume and impedance is < 1ohm.

But more to your topic question: you posted this in the portable amp section so you will be getting portable amp (small battery powered) recommendations.

So, maybe ask a moderator to move this thread to the Headphone Amps (full-size) forums and you might get answers more in line with what you are looking for? :smile:

Good luck!

Jun 22, 2013 at 8:27 AM Post #13 of 17
Quote:
Ok cool. I just got a Meier Corda QuickStep for a similar purpose which is a portable amp that can bypass the 9v battery and run off of outlet power but would still let me take it on the go if I needed. It's hiss-free at regular listening volume and impedance is < 1ohm.

But more to your topic question: you posted this in the portable amp section so you will be getting portable amp (small battery powered) recommendations.

So, maybe ask a moderator to move this thread to the Headphone Amps (full-size) forums and you might get answers more in line with what you are looking for?
smile.gif

Good luck!

Thanks,
I will inversigate on the corda !
But i recently discover that Objective2 headphone amp can run on AC power, but i don't know if it is hiss-less ?
etysmile.gif

Jun 22, 2013 at 1:50 PM Post #14 of 17
You'd be saving almost 70% by going with the O2 over the QuickStep lol. I have no idea about hiss but maybe ask about it on the dedicated thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back