Good looking all-arounders for under $100 recommendations please
Dec 15, 2013 at 5:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

MaximusPrime

New Head-Fier
I like the classic stylish look of the B&W p5 but obviously out of my price range. I also like the retro look of the momentums but those are out of my price range. I really like the look of the grado SR 60i's but because they are open back they leak and don't isolate enough for all around use. 
I'm not a fan of the beats-ish look but the UE6000 might be my best bet, what do you guys think? Also not a fan of the ATH m50's. So any cans you guys can recommend?

Dec 15, 2013 at 8:58 PM Post #5 of 7
How would you say IEMs compare to full size cans in this sort of budget price range? Just seems like with the IEMs you can get a highly regarded pair with a $100, whereas with some cans it just feels like there is always a trade-off. The $300ish range seems a lot better for full size headphones. 
I guess what I am trying to say is how does a pair of IEMs like the hifiman re-400 or etymotic hf5 compare to full size cans of around a $100, do you get more for your money with an IEM in this price range, cause that is sort of what it feels like?

Dec 15, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #6 of 7
I don't use IEM's very much, so I'm probably not the one to ask.

My sense is that at $100 you probably generally get better music reproduction than with cans.  That is except for sound stage--and of course open cans (which will not meet your needs) do that best.

At $200's and $300's I believe that cans jump to the lead and stay there.

Dec 16, 2013 at 3:47 AM Post #7 of 7
The new JVC's seem to be getting pretty good reviews on here and from other reviewers. I bought the HAS400's when they first came out and couldn't believe the quality, they are worth far more than the $40 it cost to get them to me.

JVC HAS680 ~ $81-100

Users who are viewing this thread

Back