Good Laptop speakers for 100$
Aug 12, 2013 at 4:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

DylanMiranda

New Head-Fier
So im looking for laptop speakers for around 100$ mainly for listening to music, youtube but also movies. The type of music i listen to is normally indie/rock.The Killers, Arctic Monkeys, Two Door Cinema type. Ive sorta rounded it down to:
Creative Gigaworks T40 Series II (will the bass be enough for the type of music i listen to or should i go for the Creative Insipre T3130?)
Logitech z523

my main question is whether i will be losing out on alot between having a subwoofer or not for the type of music i listen to, and which of the above options are the best. Any other suggestions would be fine too.

Aug 16, 2013 at 6:09 AM Post #2 of 2
In general speakers of this size need a sub to sound reasonable IMO. I would personally look for a deal on some Acoustic Energy Aego M's.... Mine are still going strong and I have still never heard anything to beat them taking size/price into consideration.
Their build quality is also on a completely different level.

If your just after more generic and cheaper PC speakers then look out for some Altec Lansing ACS 45.1 power cube's. They pop up on auction sites now and again for a pittance.
I've had some for 10-15 years, they look like dog's but are surprisingly good. Certainly as good if not better than most of the current crop of Creative, Logitech, Bose and Harman Kardon speakers being sold up into the couple of hundreds IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back