Good Japanese Music Website?
Apr 26, 2006 at 4:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Nerull

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for an online website for downloading lossless audio of Japanese music (like Paris Match and The Pillows) and I can't find anything. iTunes has stuff, but 128 AAC will get butchered by my setup nowadays. Are there any websites that have lossless or 320 kbps MP3 options? Buying CDs from Japan is also way too expensive, so I won't want to do that unless I win the lottery.

Thanks!

~Tom

Apr 26, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #2 of 9
I'd like to know too otherwise I'm going to have to spend $30 on a Round Table SINGLE!

Apr 27, 2006 at 2:39 AM Post #4 of 9
Any suggestions on torrent sites that might carry them though? I would really like to know the answer to this question as well. It's not that I wouldn't be willing to buy the CD's if they were sold here in the US at a reasonable cost... but they're simply not available or not available at anything close to a normal price.

Apr 27, 2006 at 3:09 AM Post #5 of 9
Apr 27, 2006 at 4:19 AM Post #6 of 9
eeww xm we're trying to get away from 128 mp3 quality and I like to have a copy I can put on my portable.

and two of those links are to pay file sharing rip-off sites pretty easy to spot since they always say [size=large]'file sharing is legal'[/size] [size=xx-small]just most of the files on our network aren't[/size]

that cnet link may occasionally have a completly unknown artist with great music but for the most part it looks like people who mess with their computers making electonica or dance re-mixes or record from their home computer.

May 25, 2006 at 11:13 PM Post #8 of 9
include me on that PM list of sites, i have 2 sites.

now what i dont understand is that this music wasn't intended to leave japan. no copyright violations here.

but if you really loved the artist, you would buy the cd. besides, Japanese cds are of a quality recording than us cds.

May 26, 2006 at 7:20 AM Post #9 of 9
Dachink:

If you sending the link via PM, could you PM me as well please?
About buying CDs, yes, I do buy the CDs if I liked them enough. I have to confess I usually get the mp3 first and see if I liked them or not. And in most cases they all ended up in deleted straight away anyway because it's not easy to find good JP songs that I like.

And if I found the ones I like, yes I do buy the CDs afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back