Good IEM's with smaller ear buds?
Nov 12, 2009 at 9:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

CosmosMpower

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for some IEM's with smaller ear buds (not sure if that is the correct technical term). I currently have UE Super Fi 5 Pro's but even with the smallest tips they are still too big for my ear canals. I have to really smash them into my ears to get them to seal and then if I jog they constantly come loose. The comply foam tips were no better.

I'm looking for something that is hi-fi but might fit my ears better. My crappy Sony EX-51 Fontopias fit my ears perfect and stay in but don't sound great.

Thanks in advance.

Nov 12, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #2 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm looking for some IEM's with smaller ear buds (not sure if that is the correct technical term). I currently have UE Super Fi 5 Pro's but even with the smallest tips they are still too big for my ear canals. I have to really smash them into my ears to get them to seal and then if I jog they constantly come loose. The comply foam tips were no better.

I'm looking for something that is hi-fi but might fit my ears better. My crappy Sony EX-51 Fontopias fit my ears perfect and stay in but don't sound great.

Thanks in advance.

I just got Sennheiser IE7s after having different styles of UEs (including the super.fi 3 which is about the same size/design) and I am amazed at how well these are fitting me. I used to have big problems getting a good fit with UEs in my small left ear canal, even with the smallest tips, while I am getting a great fit in my left ear with the medium IE 7 tip (and a large for the right), and they sit nicely in my ears.

Nov 12, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #5 of 8
I have fairly large ear canals but tried out the Klipsch X10's which even with the largest tips, I couldn't find a seal.

These will probably suit your needs as the actual phones are quite small too and sit comfortably slightly deeper in your ear (but very comfortably) than most other phones.

Think the X5's are a bit cheaper if on a budget.

Nov 22, 2009 at 8:12 AM Post #7 of 8
SE530 fit my tiny ears perfectly. The cable isnt the best however as mine are getting converted to customs now. Ive heard both the 530 and the IE8 and honestly I like the 530 better but I think I might buy the IE8 just for the cable. The IE8 didnt quite have as perfect a fit for me though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back