Good IEM's for gaming?
Jul 24, 2008 at 3:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Bonthouse

1000+ Head-Fier
Can anyone recommend me some good IEM's for gaming?

I cannot use headphones because even the deepest headphones touch my ears, which is uncomfortable after 15 minutes
frown.gif

Jul 24, 2008 at 6:33 PM Post #2 of 7
I ussualy play on PS3 and I don't use earphones... sometimes my Creative Aurvana Live!.. but yesterday i plug TF10 to my computer and nearly got killed...

When i was playing COD4 in multiplayer mode i had a big advantege.. I heard everythig... the big soundstage is awesome..

I know that IEMs aren't ussualy made for games but I think that TF10 are..
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 24, 2008 at 7:11 PM Post #4 of 7
Etymotic actually just created a line of gaming IEMs under the brand E.D.G.E Acoustics- the only ones they're selling right now (the GX400s) are $180, but they have some GX100s coming down the pipe that will be cheaper. No idea if these are good, but they're Etymotic so the sound is probably pretty good, and they have a mic built in so you can use them as a headset for online play.
E.D.G.E. Acoustics Products
Amazon.com: E.D.G.E. Acoustics GX400 Enhanced Definition Gaming Earphones - Black: Electronics

EDIT:Fred beat me to it.

Jul 25, 2008 at 12:09 AM Post #5 of 7
The cord isn't really the problem, cuz I got my DAC next to my mousepad, but some awesome bass, some soundstage, good positioning, that kinda thing. Will the SE530 be good for that?

Jul 25, 2008 at 1:52 AM Post #6 of 7
Hmmm... I used to use the SE530s for gaming. While I never really focused on the differences between my current gaming cans (Ultrasone HFI-780) and the SE530s, generally the consensus is that SE530s have definite treble rolloff.

What does that mean? Basically the SE530s cut off the very high treble frequencies. For gaming, that's actually a very bad thing because footsteps, gunshots, etc. are generally in the treble range,

This is theoretical, however, because I've never really noticed a difference. But then again, I'm an audio noob.
smily_headphones1.gif

Anyways, my suggestion would be to get ER-4Ps. They are pretty much considered to be one of the best IEMs you can get for under $200.

Jul 25, 2008 at 5:55 AM Post #7 of 7
I use Sony MDR-EX85LP for PC games, consoles with MDR-XD100 or MDR-NC6

Users who are viewing this thread

Back