Good IEM's for around 50 bucks
Sep 7, 2013 at 10:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

acoustichero

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I am new to this thread, although I have been on this site looking at reviews and such many times in the past. Anyways, I am a college student looking for a good accurate pair of IEMs for around $50. I could go a little higher but not too much. I listen to acoustic stuff like bluegrass, progressive bluegrass, some Celtic. I'm looking more for accurate sound reproduction than any specific emphasis like heavy bass and what-not. Honestly, though I'm sure any good sounding pair within my price range will do just fine. I also would like the pair to have good build quality. Im very careful with my headphones but good build quality , nonetheless, is quite nice to have.

Just so you know I currently have the Klipsch Image S4 IEMs. the pair went through the washer machine by accident and now the left ear is lacking some bass that the right ear still has so it sounds off. 

Thanks for the help.

Sep 8, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #2 of 16
This extensive review list might help you: http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-295-iems-compared-vsonic-vc1000-added-09-03-13-p-760

Be sure to check prices on some of the models over your budget. They could have dropped in price. :)

Sep 8, 2013 at 9:16 PM Post #4 of 16
Yeah. It's really helpful when you can hear how one person compares them all. Otherwise, it's so hard to put together from individual testimonials.

ClieOS is another Head-FI member who has reviewed a bunch of IEMs (not so many as joker) on his website: http://www.inearmatters.net/2009/01/list_01.html If you search is blog, you'll find reviews for those.

Sep 8, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #6 of 16
The prices on the Monster Gratitude have come down to about $60 recently. You should be able to snag a pair for around that much on Amazon.

While not exactly neutral, (bass is boosted and treble is slightly tipped up), it's got a nice accessory pack and originally cost $200+. I'm listening to a pair right now and find it a good value at it's clearance price.

Sep 8, 2013 at 10:34 PM Post #7 of 16
They look pretty nice but I listen to alot of instrumental stuff. So I'm thinking that the monster gratitude wont really suit my needs. I guess I really dont know though... As I continue to read up on em they are sounding more tempting. hmmmm.....

Sep 9, 2013 at 11:44 AM Post #12 of 16
If your credit card will handle it, you could order both. RMAs are easy via headphones bought through Amazon or fulfilled by Amazon (but not 3rd party Amazon sellers who do their own shipping). If you keep the IEMs and their packaging mint, it's probably five or six bucks to return ship. It's often worth the demo fee if of returning one to make certain you don't second guess yourself on the purchase :)

Sep 9, 2013 at 11:45 AM Post #13 of 16
I would suggest the vsonic vsd1s at $45 shipped. Amazing value for the sound that you get out of them. They're very comparable with the re-400 at about 1/2 the price imo.

Sep 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #14 of 16
FYI, the Sleek Audio SA1 is only $40 on Amazon (MSRP $100).  Deal good deal if you ask me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back